Friendships That Last A Lifetime... (Chapter 20)

'There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family. ~ Anonymous'

FRIDAY...

"I'm so glad we're doing this." I smiled at Jordan as I stood in his kitchen wearing an apron and helping make some cookies for our get together with the other dancers- who would be coming soon.

"Me too. You know, Marks did a great job choosing the other dance couples."

"Agreed." I nodded laughing slightly. Marks had chosen two dance couples, Clay and Sarah, as well as, Emily and Darrel. While the rest of my group of friends would still be apart of the dance- and would find someone in the audience to encourage people to dance.

(Jordan's P.O.V.)

I watched her as she focused on the ingredients she needed for the cookies. She wore a red polka dot dress, and her curls hung down framing her face perfectly, 'You are so beautiful.' I thought to myself smiling and approaching her slowly, I came around rubbing up and down her arms- I started kissing her shoulder as I moved her hair out of the way, "Jordan."

"Yeah?" I asked in between kisses- moving up her neck.

"We're never going to get done if you keep that up." She answered, "Your point being?" I whispered in her ear, causing her to whip around and wrap her arms around my neck and kiss me passionately, "I love you so much." She bit her lip putting her hair behind her ear and touching my face, "I love you more." I replied my lips just an inch away from hers as I lifted her up- her legs going around my waist.

"Jordan, what's going to happen to us when you start 'Hamilton'?" She asked staring down at her hand against my chest, I reached for her hand kissing it as she watched me intently, my eyes never leaving hers, "Baby, I promise I'll always be here for you, okay?" She nodded smiling, and I kissed her forehead both of us closing our eyes, staying in this position for a brief moment.

"Come on, we've got to finish getting this food ready- they'll be here soon." I told her putting her back down, she went back to working as did I, gulping down my own fears of what we would face once I started the new job.

LATER...

Mia set the table as I got the finishing touches for the food ready, pasta and breadsticks, along with a salad, and snickerdoodle cookies for dessert, one of Mia's favorites. The doorbell rang and I looked at Mia who grinned and we raced for the door.

"Hey guys, come on in and take your seats at the table!" They came in talking happily over everything going on and I watched Mia intently as we ate with them, she had a way with her friends, relaxed and happy.

"Okay, are we ready to retire to the living room?" I asked and Mia rose as we all headed that way.

"Jordan you're apartment's three times as big as ours." Paige laughed along with the others who chimes in agreement.

"Okay, so we've got a lot to discuss and not much time to talk about it." Mia took over as everyone settled down and we stood in front of them all to give instructions of everything, she looked towards me smiling and biting her bottom lip as I continued.

"So, you all know this is taking place at their annual dining event. Which, they have a couple of these every year. This year the final dance is based off of 'Dirty Dancing' and Mia and I have been selected as the lead dancers. Now as for you- Marks has selected you all to be the rest of the gang." They cheered in response as I chuckled.

"They have selected two dance couples, while the rest of you will find someone in the audience to dance with to get the rest of the crowd to do the same."

"Sounds like fun. I like it. So who are the couples?" Sean asked as Mia looked at me again.

"Clay and Sarah, as well as, Darrel and Emily." They seemed surprised but excited all the same. We talked it over some more with all of them, then eventually as the day turned into night, we did music and watched the 'Dirty Dancing' movie- but as the night came to an end, or so we thought, everyone decided they wanted to start dancing to 'Time Of My Life' by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes.

"Come here beautiful." I told her motioning with my finger, she grinned at me and came my way, I dipped her like in the movie, and she just laughed, I shook my head and said to her, "Dance with me." I spun her out and into my arms and we continued dancing with one another, sometimes laughing at our failed attempts by us or by our friends.

"Mia!" The girls called for her and we stopped to watch them, but instead Jeremy, Clay and Sean came over pushing her to get out there with them, Mia shook her head in denial but looked over at me smiling. She broke out dancing with the others mimicking them, by the time the song was over I realized one thing, I now loved Mia more than ever before.

Her friends headed out afterwards, Mia still smiling as she stood at the counter getting ready to help clean up, I came over to her and she sighed contently in my arms and I smiled to myself kissing her hair, "Are you happy?"

"Yes, that was amazing, thank you baby."

"You're welcome beautiful." I told her kissing her shoulder.

"Jordan..." She turned to me and I frowned only slightly as she sighed once more, "I don't know what I would do without you. You make my friends feel welcome and I'm more in love with you because of everything you've done tonight."

"I feel the exact same way. I've never felt more in love with you than I do right now, right here, right in this moment now baby girl." I gulped back the tears rubbing the side of her face as I held her, she reached up rubbing my arm, leaning her forehead against mine and shutting our eyes breaking the stare- we stood there, both of us emotional from the nights events. I kissed her forehead, "I love you."

"I do too." She looked back at me, "Thank you for everything tonight."

"Always baby girl, always." We both smiled at one another our love shinning in our eyes of strength and trust.