Chapter 6 - Caleb's POV

Começar do início

"I know, I feel you. I t's just that he won't give up.  He thinks you and him are true loves. He's even trying to learn the ways of Caleb. Psh, like it will surely prevail," I responded.

Yeah, I know I'm being a little rough on Kyle, but it's just annoying for someone like him to keep trying even though my girl was taken.  Why couldn't he just accept it and at least support me?  He sucks at holding in his feelings.

Destiny looked at me speechless and I stroked her cheek.  She seemed to do that a lot.  I'd say something and then she'd leave me hanging.  It made me feel like what I said wasn't important.

We took out our lunches and ate silently.  Destiny was deep in thought and so was I.  I was planning how to get back at Kyle.

I remember when Des used to like him.  It was so obvious, she always smiled when he was around.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I looked at her with disbelief. Destiny was blabbing about Kyle again to Ashlyn.

Nathan and I were part of this conversation only because we were in a group together.

"Des, face it.  One day Kyle will turn out looking like his older brother," Nathan said.

Kyle has a brother?  How come I didn't know this?

"Yup. Be prepared for Kyle to look like Chris!" Ashlyn added with a laugh.

Destiny made a digusted face; I thought it was the cutest thing ever.

"No way! He didn't look like him when he was younger!  So what makes you think he's going to look like him when he gets older?" she questioned.

I was still totally lost in this conversation.  Who's Chris?  His brother?  Whoever he is, I'm guessing he wasn't that attractive.

"Wait Destiny, do you like Kyle or something now?" I wondered out loud.  I wanted to take back my words, but it was too late.

I saw her look down at her shoes and her cheeks turn a shade of red.  I already knew the answer.

"No!  I still like Logan, jeez," she tried to hide.

It didn't matter, I already knew she liked him, no matter how much she denied it.

I couldn't help but be a little crushed by this, however.  I only started liking her a month ago.

Why would she ever like that short kid?  I felt the urge to flip over a table.

Even though he was my friend, I couldn't see anything likable about him.  Maybe his humor but that was all.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Hello? Caleb!" Destiny waved a hand in front of my face.

I blinked and stood up.  I was really in deep thought.

"Dude, you were staring into space for like a minute!" she laughed.

I didn't know how to respond to that and luckily she started talking again.

"Anyways, we have to go to PE.  I heard we're playing soccer today," she moaned.

I actually had a huge interest in soccer.  It seemed really cool and I was going to join a soccer team soon.  I think Destiny only complained because she likes being lazy.  I totally agreed though, if being lazy was a job, I'd be employee of the month every time.

"Okay," I said without emotion.

I just realized how I'm such a boring person.  Destiny was so interesting and fun to be with.  We had so many differences, though we were still compatable.

I always wondered that Destiny will leave me because I'm too boring. But she's not that type of person.  I had to push that thought away.

We walked to class together and as soon as Ashlyn saw her, she took her away from me.  I saved them a seat like I did everyday though.  Three seats in the front corner of the room.

The thing I especially hated about this class was that I never got to talk to Destiny.  Ashlyn always got to spend time with her, just talking and laughing their butts off.  I listened to their conversations, but I never got anything they laughed about.

Suddenly Ashlyn took out a piece of paper and started drawing something on it.

"Oh my gosh!" Destiny said right after she took a glance at it.  She even burst out laughing.  The whole class was staring at the two and Mrs. Wei waited patiently for her to quiet down.

Unfortunately, they didn't.  Ashlyn and Destiny broke out laughing and that was the only sounds heard in the room.  All of a sudden, Mrs. Wei spoke up.

"Ashlyn and Destiny, what are you laughing at? The whole class is waiting for you guys to be quiet and listen to instructions!  I'm trying to explain the rules.  All you're doing is wasting my class time, and your classmates are sick of waiting too!" she exploded.

I looked at Destiny and her face was burned red.  Her and Ashlyn were out of words.

"Okay Mrs. Wei," Ashlyn finally said.

This was taking so long. Why couldn't we just go outside and get this over with? I sighed.  And as soon as I did, I realized my mistake.  I instantly regretted it once Destiny started laughing once more.

"Destiny, I'd like to speak with you after class," our coach stated firmly.

Dang what have I done?!

Lol short chappie!  But oh well. :P Hope you guys enjoyed!  Thanks for reading! :D

Vote/comment/fan xoxo <3