You deserve what you get

Start from the beginning

“I’m not entirely sure how you turned this conversation to be all about me,” Jack wakes me up from my daydreaming. “The Northwall Pack is a huge issue that needs to be attended as soon as possible.”

“What is the status at the moment?” I wonder and close all the doors inside my mind for distracting topics.

“I put the whole Sunshiny Pack on curfew last night. Everyone knows we were attacked but not many know it was you who saved us from a large attack. Almost all the Northwall wolves went back to their territory. They are in great confusion after the sudden Alpha change. Your Alpha Bear has offered to go there and prevent the stirring.”

“They must wonder who I am,” I say thoughtfully. “I must prove myself worthy to lead them.”

Jack shakes his head. “In all due respect, Alpha Ray,” he starts his advice. “They want Vincent to lead them. They see the Alpha they want in him that his father never was. You are to go there and explain the union between the Ninjan Pack and Northwall Pack.”

“Are you telling me to leave it all to Vincent? No it can’t be,” I say deadpanning myself. “I am to lead the pack through Vincent as a spokesperson. I’m making him Beta of it.”

The thought of giving something that belongs to Adam to my mate feels so wrong. It’s just as bad as cheating. My wolf is protesting against the idea, but I know I must reason with my brain rather than my heart in this case. Adam will always be my Ninjan Beta. The Ninjan Pack is what’s important to me. The Northwall Pack is important to my mate. It will be good for us to focus on separate packs. It will take a lot of hard dedication to get it to work.

“You are making the right decision,” Jack says to comfort me.

I don’t feel very good about it though. I was pretty much forced to join the Alpha game and there is no way for me to get out of it now. I can feel what my pack needs and they are starving for good leadership. They will accept Vincent since they know him. I should be thankful for how the events turned out.

In the end it’s up to the Wolf Spirits to decide.

-

I spent most of the day with the WSF, my father and Alpha Denwood. I’m getting slightly annoyed over the fact that I didn’t get a chance to explain the situation for my new friends yet. It’s almost seven in the evening when Jason accompanies me to the garage.

I didn’t leave the house until now and the rest of the Denwood family spends the day somewhere else. That was very suitable for me, because I wouldn’t have tolerated Bradley’s spoiled behaviour today. A new Alpha is always on the edge in the beginning before they settle down into their roles.

Jason is treating me with the outmost respect. It’s like he forgot who I am. He’s in duty as a WSF, so I can’t blame him. I just wish he would treat me as he always does. I’m walking slowly so we get the chance to talk a little bit before we reach our destination. I feel that Jason is eager to meet his mate again and he can smell her easily.

My group of friends in the garage is working on a car, chatting about a race. Only the tension in the air tells a story that something isn’t right. My heart falls a bit. They already know. Chris’s dad probably told them. That would explain why he refused to look me in the eyes during the meeting.

“What do you really think of me now?” I ask him and hope for an honest answer.

“Are you asking that as Princess or Alpha Ray?”

I smack his head hard so he almost falls over.

“Ow! What did you do that for?” he yells angrily, rubbing his head.

“I didn’t mean to hit you that hard,” I smirk at him. “What the hell do you mean by your comment?”

“I am trying to do my job correctly,” he says ruefully. “I told you they only send me out on shit jobs. This is the first one that’s actually worth attending!”

My Jason is back again and I embrace him in a hug and pat his hurting head roughly so he moans in pain.

“I’m sorry pal. I was just worried why you were so… not you. I will make sure that you are being handed satisfying jobs. There are a lot of things that needs to be done in my pack. I just ask one thing of you.”

“To not call you Princess?” he guesses and that make me laugh.

“Treat me like Princess and not Alpha Ray.”

“Aye aye, Captain!” he yells raising his hands into the air.

“You’ve been playing too much with The Little Ones,” I mutter as we reach the garage.

I open the door and the pleasant chatting dies down and I feel five pair of eyes watching me as I enter the room in all my Alpha glory. Jason steps in right behind me and I walk further into the room and stop in front of them.

“As you already seem to know,” I start saying with my heart pounding hard. “I became the Alpha of the Northwall Pack last night.” My eyes searches for Carlie and finds my friend shade white of anger. “You can have a go at me if you want.”

I don’t need to say that twice. Carlie had tried to muster as much control of her as possible to show Alpha respect, but all that burst when I allowed her to speak up her mind.

“How many times did I tell you Alpha Ray, or whatever you want to be called, that you’re not allowed to keep secrets from me!”

“I am really sorry, Carlie,” I apologize sincerely.

“I thought we were best friends!” she keeps yelling. “Do you think a friend acts like you did?”

“No, indeed not,” I agree with her.

“I think I deserve better than to afterwards find out that you were to become an Alpha! Hello, major information! And you, Jason,” she continues to spit out poisonously. “You knew it and didn’t tell me! What kind of mate do you think you are?”

“I didn’t know you didn’t know!” he defends himself poorly and I almost feel sorry for the guy. He should just have agreed with her.

“That’s the poorest excuse I ever heard, like ever! Do you even want to be my mate?”

“Of course I do!” he ensures her and I roll my eyes at the turn of events. “I want to marry you, move together and have kids!”

“Kids?” she whispers shaking. “I’m seventeen years old. I don’t want to talk about kids right now!”

She stomps off and leaves the garage. I almost twist Jason’s arm off when I prevent him from going after her.

“She’s not reasonable right now. Let her calm down.”

My words sink into his brain and he looks like a lost puppy. He really wants to go after her even if it will make the whole situation worse.

“Dude,” Greg says with a grin. “You should get used to it. That’s Carlie in a nutshell! And you, Princess, is the hottest Alpha I ever seen!”

“I hope you’re not as upset,” I say lamely.

“You should watch your mouth, Greg, so her mate doesn’t hear you calling her hot!” Adam laughs.

“Is she really alright?” Jason stutters.

“Oh, man,” Chris sighs. “You really got it hard for her, don’t you?”