You deserve what you get

Start from the beginning

“Of course,” he says obediently.

“You can leave now. Alpha Ray will tell you when you both are leaving River Hill. Your classes will get a good replacement teacher. I’ll see to it myself.”

Vincent leaves the room with just a nod and I feel relieved that I can talk undisturbed with the other Alpha.

“Isn’t the age different between you two too small to call him son?” I wonder with a hint of arrogance.

“Does it really matter what I call him, Alpha Ray?” he says putting the weight on Alpha.

“Yes it does,” I incline. “You are downgrading him, showing yourself superior. It is not necessary to treat an adult man like that.”

Jack sighs in frustration. “Nothing is ever easy with you, is it?”

“I have an issue with the way you are leading your pack, Alpha Denwood.” I can’t keep the truth inside of me anymore, so I decide to let it all out. “You are supposed to be the kindest pack in the whole world but the reality is that you are just keeping up a facade. Your own wife is the heart of stupidity and she’s an awful role-model to the females in this pack. They take after her and won’t accept anyone who is different.”

Jack is quiet for a little while, but he doesn’t look angry as a mate should be if you insult their other half. He actually looks guilty.

“Gretel is very special to me,” he says carefully. “I know she doesn’t have the best influence on the pack, but I can’t tell her the truth. She will see it as an insult to our bond and never forgive me. It puts me in an awkward situation.”

“I’m glad you are aware of it yourself. Is there anyone who could influence her to change?”

“Well, she looks up to strong role models,” Jack says hesitantly. “Maybe your mom will be able to change her attitude.”

“Are you sure you would be able to handle her coming here?” I ask doubtfully.

“Yes, of course. Do you mind it?”

He wipes of his hands on his pants. So he is nervous. He really deserves what’s coming at him. It’s his payback for lying to me in the beginning. I don’t see a reason to be completely honest with him since he broke my trust.

I’d love for the rest of my family to come here. I haven’t been gone long but I still miss my little monsters more than anyone – even Vincent. Maybe they can teach the Denwood boys how to play. I hope they will drive Gretel crazy.

“I don’t mind it. She will be more than happy to visit your household along with The Little Ones.”

“The Little Ones?”

“My brother and sisters. They are triplets. Gretel will love having the two little girls around.”

“They are all welcome here,” Jack says happily when he hears about the two little girls. “I just wonder why you call your triplet siblings The Little Ones. Isn’t that downgrading too?”

“They are children Alpha Denwood,” I explain to him. “Mother named them that out of love. It’s only natural that I call them the same as she does. I’m advising you to call them by their real names, which are Kate, Tom and Mary.”

“I’ll remember that.”

“That’s a good idea. I don’t think they will be properly introduced. You’ll see that my parents are different when it comes to child care.”

The last is meant as an insult. I’m glad my parents are who they are. Growing up here would have been suffocating. I’d be just as unhappy as Carlie. Carlie who I hope I can lure with me along with Adam to my pack. I wonder how she will react when I tell her about the Alpha position. I think it will be somewhere between complete anger and disappointment.