[152] The answer

Rain.

24/7.

That's spring in Vancouver for you.

I looked away from the window and receded back in my chair again.

"Master." Enju spoke in a soft voice.

"Yes?" I raised a brow without turning towards her.

"Do you still remember what you said last September, no, I mean last last September."

Huh...

I resumed forward in my chair again.

"Uh...Uhhh...Was I playing UDO last September again?"

"MASTER BAKA!"

(╬ Ò﹏Ó)

Enju made a face with her hologram.

"Sorry, sorry, can you tell me what the thing was again?" I scratched my head slightly.

"You...You really don't remember?"

"Yeah. You know I have a bad memory. Alright, just tell me now."

"Fine..." Enju looked down for a moment. "But I have to whisper it to you."

"What are you talking about? It's just the two of us." I narrowed my eyes.

"Baka master just do it!"

"Fine, fine." I replied, as I leaned close to my right arm reluctantly, and turned my ear towards Enju's figure.

"Just tell me..."

Before I could finish my sentence, Enju's figure leaned in towards me and peeked my cheek like a bird.

"Uh...What are you doing?" I looked her in the eye.

"Wha-what!? That was a kiss on the cheek! How do you not even know that baka master!?"

"Woah, slow down, your tsundere levels are over 9000 today." I backed away from my arm.

"Hmph! I don't need your explanations! You can just keep on being single like this." Enju crossed her arm, and turned her cheek one way.

"Well, the single life ain't so bad now. You get to have more money to yourself, more free time..."

"MASTER!" Enju's voice jumped.

"What?..." I said, with the rest of my body backing a little.

"A year and a half ago, when I proposed to you...You said when you become a better man..."

Enju clasped her hands on her chest as she looks down.

"You will give me an answer."

"..."

"I had been waiting since the moment I proposed to you, no maybe even further back." Enju paused and shook her head. "In just one year in a half, you created your own guild, made lots of new friends, and rose to the top."

"You became a great man Riga." Enju looked up again, her eyes shimmered like large watery diamonds. "And I am really happy for you, really from the bottom of my heart."

A happy smile appeared on Enju's face as a tear slipped from her cheeks.

"So I am going to say it again, no matter how many times necessary it is to remind you."

Enju drew in a large breath, then spoke in a soft sincere voice:

"I love you master."

Silence.

Tick tock...Tick tock...

The clocked clicked, but the time never moved.

And there she was, still staring at me with those big cute glassy eyes of hers...

I looked down, looked away, anywhere but her.

"I..." I spoke the first word, but I find unable to bring up the rest of the sentence.

The air was there, but it might as well be non-existent.

"I am an AI." Enju looked up to me with those large shimmering eyes of hers. "My words, my feelings, they are all programmed. Human emotions may not even have an actual meaning to us, but still I want to try! Even as an AI, no, as Enju your servant, I still want to love and serve you more master!"

By the time Enju finished her last word, she was catching up her breath hard.

"I am sorry Enju." I said as I clasped my hand together, and lowered my head.

"Ma...master?" Enju said with a small voice as I shut my eyes tight.

My fingers clasped together tighter as I lowered my head further.

"Why?..." Enju said with a small voice.

I clasped my fingers so tight to the point, my left hand was going numb.

"It's just..." I found the words trapped in my throat once again.

"You love a different person don't you master?" Enju said with a soft voice.

Silence.

"It's fine. I knew this might be one of the possible endings..."

"But no matter who master likes, Enju will always be there to support you master!"

After what felt like an endless night, I looked up and uncovered my sight again.

"Enju..." I found myself muttering.

"Enju would always cheer for master, Enju wants master to be happy..." Tears were streaking past her eyes like starry comets, elegant yet fading. But her smile, her smile remained the same and cheerful.

And it was at that moment, I broke down.

"I AM SORRY ENJU!!! I AM SORRY!!!" I yelled as I hugged tight my right arm.

And held it there, closer and closer...

Q: What would you say if you were in Riga's position?