[31] Are you kidding me...

What the fk...

A giant shape almost as large as the lake its self began to rise to the surface. Ripples created by it's rise slammed the lake shore, forcing the players to back off. And despite the glistening water on it's body, I could still make out the general outline of the great beast. While it walked on all fours, it's had a shoulder height of one school bus, and a length of 4 school busses from head to tail. But what's most odd about the beast, is its extreme disproportion between neck and body. It's incredibly long thin neck took up about half it's full length, and instead of lifting it's neck upwards, it was rather slopping down in a natural curve like a depressed giraffe, and it's blue skin went perfectly with that.

This was world boss Catoblepas. 

"Scared?" Piphra looked up at me.

I know usually guys would answer this kind of situation with 'no' without hesitation, however me being the guy shitting bricks at the mere sight of the boss...I could only say:

  "Yep..." I said, as I could feel my bones vibrate every time the boss took a step towards land.

"At least you admit it." Piphra looked away. "There." she pointed with her oversized staff.

Stopping in the centre of the lake, the Catoblepas paused, then shook it's self the way a wet dog would shook it's fur after a bath. Which caused a series of tremor and knocking several players around us to the ground.

"FIRE!" came a barking order from one side of the lake, as dozens of flaming projectiles flew in a elegant arc across the night sky and landing it's self onto the side of the great beast. Only to find its self disappointingly bounced off. The boss, who barley even seemed to blink from the attack, continued to trudge through the lake towards us.

Turns out the ones who fired, were none other then the [Cross Brotherhood] from earlier. Whom had about a dozen members and half as many ballista lined up along the river bank. I watched as their commander continued to bark orders, as his subordinates scrambled to reload to ballista. It all would have felt cartoonist, if it weren't for the fact that...it feels so real...

"We're leaving now." Eziel said.

"Leave, wait what?" I blurted out.

"We need to head to forest now. There we will trap it. It's part of the plan remember?" Eziel was right, part of the plan involved retreating to the forest. As I recall from the plan that the boss has a designated route, as it will travel from the lake then all across the forest to the next lake. A wait for the entire night before it disappears again. 

"Oh...my bad." I scratched my head nervously.

"It's fine. Quick, let's go!" Eziel signalled, and one by one we turned away. 

"What about the other players?" I asked for some very random reason.

"What are you talking about? It's every man for himself. Now let's go!" 

Without protest, the 5 of us began to make way for the forest. Seconds later, a series of cries and sound of sharp snapping wood came from behind. I didn't need to turn to look to know what's happening, I could just feel it. And I wasn't sure if I want to turn around to see as well...

"Keep running! Don't turn back!" Eziel yelled, as we ran deeper into the mouth of the forest.

I KNOW! I KNOW!

Yet, I turned back and instantly regretted it. 

SMASH!!!

It's massive tree trunk like foot came closer each time, and it's tiny relative head that was still size of a mini-coopa swung back and forth like a vacuum cleaner, ready to sweep aside any player who got too close.

Ohhhh SHITTT!!!

That moment I swear, I was probably peeing myself in real life.

Q: How would you fight the Catoblepas?