[77] A brief history class...

"Everyone, I have an important announcement to make." Rima said as she scanned our faces across the cafeteria.

"Yesterday, we REEPS, and Crimson Reapers, Isa, Nemesis and Magik Gangstaz has reached a formal agreement on our alliance. And from this day on, REEPS will be a member of the Red frontier alliance."

We all looked to one another, each more clueless then the last. And that includes me as well, even though I was at the meeting at the time...

"Alright, changing topics now." Rima cleared her throat. "Are any of you are familiar with the battle of red cliff?"

Battle of the red cliff, I remember it's a battle from some time during Ancient China...

I lowered my head in deeper thought, as I caught a glimpse of everyone else, still searching for their heads for the question.

"Very well then, allow me to give you all a 'brief history' lesson." Rima said with a sarcastic voice. "It was year 208 AD, at the very end of the Han dynasty in China. The northern warlord Cao Cao through his influence on the emperor, was able to muster a force of 500,000 men at the time."

"His opponent Liu Bei a much smaller warlord, made an alliance with another warlord known as Sun Quan. And together they had a combined force of 50,000. There are 3 phases of the battle, any many minor skirmishes in between, but today I am only going to be focusing on the major section of it."

"The location of the battle was chosen and the Yangtze River, located in the south western part of China. Cao's Cao's troops, who were mainly composed of northerners, were not used to the southern climate and greatly effect by boat sickness. And for a battle on a river, this was a very critical weakness."

"Using this opportunity, the Sun-Liu alliance sent out a spy, who pretended to be a traitor and went to Cao Cao and told him a method to solve boat sickness. And the method of course being, tying all the ships together with large iron chains so they will stabilize and wouldn't shake as much. This strategy is effective but it also came with a huge weakness, fire."

A miniature fireball seemed too lit up in Rima's eyes.

"And the Sun-Liu alliance exposed this weakness to the fullest. By ramming explosive boats into Cao's Cao's ship. And Cao Cao's, who's ship are all connected by chains, were unable to maneuver and detach in time. With the result of the battle being a decisive victory for the Sun-Liu alliance."

Well, that was quite the history lesson now...

"Um..." Ansel raised his hand. "Sorry to ask but, what does this have to do with the alliance this time?..."

"Hmph." Rima let out a sneer. "It's very simple. In this upcoming battle, Legionnaire would be Cao Cao's forces, and we the Red frontier would be the Sun-Liu alliance."

"That means..." Eritol spoke up.

"Indeed. Our next battle location will no doubt be at Rochan's strait, a naval one as well. And just like the actual battle of red cliff, be expected to be outnumbered 1 to 10 if not more." Rima's lips curled into a sly smile.

An eerie silence filled the room, but Rima seemed to pay no heed and went on:

"And as for the spy, it had just been decided before this meeting." Rima smiled and shifted her gaze to Enju, and everyone turned to her as well.

"Enju the super genius AI. On behalf on REEPS, no. On behalf of the entire Red frontier, I salute you, and wish you the best luck on your mission." Rima saluted.

Silence.

Yep...

Q: Do you enjoy history class at school?