[16] The hunt for dinner

Under the veil of moonlight, a few dim torches danced around the courtyard. Before us stood a dozen people, all clad in armour staring at us. Well, staring at Enju mostly. 

"Alright boys! We got two new fresh meats today!" Braum gestured to us, "Go on, introduce yourselves!"

"I am Enju! I am an Ice mage! I hope we all get along together!" Enju spoke first. And as soon as she finishes her introduction, there was a stir among the guys, though most have their faces covered with helmets. I could still tell some of them were blushing, gulping and I swear I heard someone breathing heavily...

"I am Riga...Cleric..." I studded. The reaction was immensely different as half of the guys weren't even listening to me, and the other still having their helmets turned to Enju.

"Alright now with that out of the way, we can finally get into the meat of the topic today. Well literally the meet of topic, pun not intended there." Bruam chuckled.

Silence. If a crow flew by that time, the timing would have been perfect for the scenario. 

"As you all know, we ran out of meat. So if we don't catch something tonight, it will have to be vegetarian."

A wave of grumble and complaint passed through the crowd.

"Alright, enough words. My uncle always used to say, Deasbaireachd nas lugha, tha tuilleadh obrach."

We all looked for our heads.

"It means less talk more work. Now, we're going to split into 3 groups of 5. Make up your own groups in 1 min. Thomas, Drake, you will join me with the 2 fresh meats here." though Braum's words may been soft, there was an unmistakable authority in his voice. 

"Yes sir!" two guys answered, as they emerged out of the group.

About a minute later, the groups were made and we began to head out, 1 group at a time. We were the last group to leave, and when we did so, the sharp teeth iron gate began to slowly close behind us.

"Alright, just stick to me, and don't stand outside torch light." Bruam said, as we made our way down the fortress hill.

"Alright just stick to me and don't stand outside the torchlight!" One of the guys mimicked Bruam's Scottish accent, and the other one laughed.

"If you boys can't keep your tongue, I will have to forcefully plant my boot on your arse!" Bruam threatened, but the boys didn't seemed to take it seriously, as they quickly seem to lose interest in that joke, as they quickly turned their attention elsewhere:

"Hey I am Thomas." said one of the guy, and lifting up his helmet. Revealing a short cropped brown hair, and a freckled face. "This is my friend Drake."

"Yo." the other guy lifted up his helm, and he looked like one of those lackeys who vandalised public property regularly on Friday night.  

"So what level are you guys now?" Thomas turned and asked us, though I had a feeling the question was more to Enju.

"19." Enju replied.

"17..." I added with a low voice.

"Nice!" Thomas said with a wide smile, though I had a feeling his cheerfulness was more dedicated to Enju.

"So how long have you guys been playing the game?" Thomas asked again.

"Mas-Riga and I have been playing for...about a week?" Enju paused several times.

"Oh, you two played together? Is he your?..." Thomas looked back and forth between the two of us.

"BF!" Enju all of a sudden latched onto my arm, and gave me a large mischievous grin. 

The two guys stared at us with shell shock.

I sighed inside my head.

But if this means the other guys can stop hitting on Enju, I guess it's a small sacrifice to make...

But instead of a straight forward reply, only a nervous laugh escaped from me.

There was a look of disappointment on both the guys faces, Bruam who was at the front leading, with back towards us, let out a huge laugh.

"What's so funny?" Drake complained.

"Boys." Bruam chuckled and shook his head.

Just as the boys seemed like they were about to complain more, a series of loud thumping came from the distant woods.

"Thomas, hold the torch for me." Bruam said, as he passed the torch to him, as he got out his sword and shield. 

The loud thumping continued, and it was heading towards our way.

"I remember the largest creature in this forest is the deer. There can't be anything larger..."

Whatever was coming towards our way was like a truck, thunderous hooves, the sound of wood splitting, as whatever it is, made it's way closer to us.

"Everyone, weapons out." No one need to be told twice, as Thomas silently passed the torch to me, and knowing I have no fighting capabilities, I took it without protest.

"You two fresh meats stand back! Everyone else, V formation!" Bruam commanded, as they quickly got into a triangle formation, with Bruam at the very front.

A giant blurry dark shape leaped out of the woods, and when it landed, the ground shuddered. Standing at 10ft tall, with glowing red eyes, two massive bull horns and dark massive humanoid boy packed with muscle. And it doesn't take a Sherlock or detective Conan to figure out what the thing was.

The monster stood to it's full height in the moonlight and let out a defiant roar or Moo, some would say.  

It was a fkin minotaur. 

Q: How would you introduce yourself in an RPG game?