[166] Death knockin...

Gabriel and 5 of the other holy knights of order, stood guarding at the front of the throne room door. Excluding Micheal who guarded the king personally within the throne room. The 6 knights stood side to side as an impenetrable wall of sword and might. Whether the intruder be as minor as a fly or great as an army, and neither would find their chances optimistic.

The door at the very end of the hallway suddenly creaked open. And like a slippery eel, a single figure managed to slip past the doorway. It's dark robes gliding behind him gracefully like a shadow in the night, and around him, carried the certain scent of death.

Gabriel feared no men, but this was no men, this was death.

Death...

He shifted in his armour uncomfortably, and the rest who shared his discomfort shifted uniformly.

Death strode forward for about another 30ft and stopped at the centre of the hallway.

Silence, like the dead of night it's self. Then all of sudden in a religious fervour the 6 knight slammed the sheath of the sword against the ground and began to chant in union:

"Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Which to death's response, he slowly lifted up both sleeves, and from his long dark sleeve he produced two bony middle fingers.

Outraged, the holy knights began to let out a series of battle cries, as they drew out their swords.

"Non nobis domine!"

"Ave Maria!"

"Call the pope!"

"DEUS VULT!!!" On that sentence, all the holy knights lunged forward at once, in which Death responded with a graceful side step back.

Two more surged forward, with blades coming in at the side, to which Death countered by leaping into the air, jumping on one of the swords, and propelling himself further into the air. And while airborne, he did one of those unnecessary 720 degree slow motion somersault from kung-fu movies, before gravity took over again.

A cruel grin grew across death's skull, literally skull (not sure how skeletons can even grin) as he used one of the knight's face as a landing pad, and instantly slamming the rest of his whole body onto the ground. And before his companion could react, Death got into a pivot stance and sent him back into a pillar with a Bruce lee style round house kick.

Another knights rushed forward with shield held in front, but instead of dodging, Death stood in his spot, unfazed and unmoving. And at the last second of the collision, he ducked forward and pressed his fist against the knight's armor plate:

"One inch punch."

The sheer impact of the punch was able to send the knight flying back 30ft and crashing into two more in mid-run knights, turning all 3 of them into a jumble of steel mess.

Gabriel was the last one standing.

Good heavens!

He thought, as Death walked toward him with ease and relax, the complete opposite of what Gabriel was.

Taking his time with the approach, Death equipped his scythe out of nowhere.

"Lord give me strength..." Gabriel muttered as his whole arbor vibrated with fear.

10ft...

"My Lord give me confidence!"

3ft...

"God..."

1ft...

"Have mercy on your servant!..."

SHING!

Death passed by.

There was a moment of pause, followed by a heavy thump as Gabriel fell knees first to the ground, as his body disintegrates into a million red shards.

"God only saves those who can save themselves."

Death commented as he looked to the spot, where Gabriel's body just disappeared a moment ago, then up again towards the doorway.

The rest is all in your hands Riga...

Q: Do you consider yourself a religious person?