[62] The choke point

"It's a trap my lord!" one of the knights yelled, as the Calvary retreated towards the forest.

"I am not blind you fool!" Gabriel raised a fist and shouted back.

As the Calvary entered the forest, the formation narrowed from a cone to a single file line.

"Be on your guard! The enemy could be..." before Gabriel could finish his sentence, a series of horse shriek combined with human cry came from the back.

"What in the name of the-" Gabriel whipped around just in time to catch a glimpse of a bright arc of fire, before his view was completely blocked by a giant rib cage rising from the ground.

"Curses!" Gabriel cursed, as earth and dust clouded the air, coupled along with screams and explosions from within.

"EVERYONE RETREAT! DO NOT ENGAGE! I REPEAT, RETREAT AT ALL COST!" Gabriel yelled at the top of his lungs, but his voice didn't quite seem to cut through the chaos.

Muttering another curse under his breath, Gabriel drew his sword and began to wheel his horse around. But before he could make a single advance forward, a figure darted out from the side, whose sword travelled through the air in a brilliant silver arc.

CLANG!

Gabriel barely managed to parry the attack through pure reflex, but the impact alone was enough to make him lose balance, and knowing the inevitable fall, Gabriel responded by rolling off the horse and landing on both feet in one smooth motion.

"Pardon me for my rudeness, lord Gabriel." Sull1van gestured with his sword.

"How dare you show your face traitor!" Gabriel yelled back, as he pulled back into a fighting stance.

"The brotherhood never suited me, just like the armor I am wearing." Sull1van replied with a low tone.

"Be quiet traitor, you have no right to talk! Now be ready to face holy judge..." Gabriel's voice trailed off, as he snapped around just in time to parry another blow.

"As expected from a pro player, not gonna be easy huh?..." Eziel spoke up.

Such speed and precision...

Gabriel thought, as he slowly paced around and repositioned himself.

"You amaze me with that strike boy." Gabriel paused. "But you stood at the wrong side. Now, with this traitor, you will both feel the wrath of divine judgement!"

The moment Gabriel finished his sentence, his sword lit up bright red flames. Then without any further lengthily speeches, Gabriel raised his sword and charged at Sull1van.

CLANG!

A bone shattering vibration ran through Sull1van, as Gabriel's sword made contact with his shield. And while Sull1van barely managed to hold his position, Eziel went for Gabriel's exposed back with his sword in one silver blur of a motion...

CLANG!

The strike found it's target, but the target himself remained as still as a statue. As Gabriel continued to lean his sword against Sull1van's shield.

"Wha-aghhh!" Eziel screamed, as he hacked his sword against Gabriel a dozen more times. In which, Gabriel shrugged off as if it was nothing. As Sull1van's knees finally gave away to the ground, Gabriel seized the opportunity, and sent him flying with a kick for several meters.

"Annoying like a fly!" Gabriel yelled, as he knocked away several meters back with a single swat of his hand.

"In the name of the holy one, I shall cleanse this place in holy wrath and fire..." Gabriel chanted as he raised his sword above his head.

"SANCTUS IGNIS!" with one last final chant, Gabriel's sword came down.

The whole place was set ablaze.

Q: What would you call your ultimate move?