[34] Race for days

We ran like there was no tomorrow, particularity me, since I was in last place. And I swear being near the nostril area of the hundred ton boss, was like standing next to an air vent, but instead of heat coming out, it was all boogers.

Ekkk!!! 

I already forgot the intricate plan, or rather dropped it somewhere during the run.

SHIT! IM GONNA DIE! IM GONNA DIE!

Then for no apparent reason, I turned and found the boss close enough to bite my tail, if I had one of course. But that image alone, pumped enough adrenaline for me to zip pass the person in front of me, which was Enju:

"Master!" Enju cried out.

"Yes?" I replied, without sparing her a glance.

"It's a gentlemen's duty to protect a lady at all times."

"You mean become a carpet for the boss? I will pass."

"No, no. I believe you will live for sure! Enju promises!" 

"Yeah." I replied sarcastically, while careful not to bite my tongue. "And I believe you can single handily defeat the boss."

"Master baka! Baka! baka!" she yelled.

Who designed this kind of Tsundere function in the first place? And what kind of dumb ass would install this kind of function...oh wait, me...

While still grieving about my past choices, Enju got ahead of me, and when she passed me, I caught a glimpse of her face, which was filled with seriousness and determination...to out run me...

The race was on. 

You must be all wondering, what kind of wimp I am for not being able to out run a virtual 16 year old equivalent teenage girl. Well the answer is simple, there is a reason I am last picked for dodgeball teams. But I can tell you at least I am good at gathering up balls, mostly due to my lack of hesitance, or the simple fact that people choose to ignore me...

Oh, those were the good days...

Just as my mind hit a moment of nostalgia, I felt my entire body was being lifted upwards, literally. The ground zoomed from my view, as I dangled from my cloth robes. As I looked back in a frantic moment, I caught a glimpse of the hem of my cloth caught between the teeth of a boss.

First caught by a Minotaur horn and now caught by the boss teeth? This piece of shit cloth-

Before I could even finish the thought, I was tossed into the air with the force of a rocket and came flipping down like an over easy egg. As I peered down, all I saw was the black abyss of the boss's jaws.

Yep...here we go again...

I closed my eyes and embraced the inevitable. A brief moment later, I felt something tackle my side, and I thought it was over, turns out when I opened my eyes, it wasn't the game over screen I was expecting, but rather the handsome face of Eziel. Normally, it would be pretty embarrassing for a guy to be in another's guy's arm while falling through mid air, but at that moment I couldn't care less.

"Are you alright?" he asked, as we landed on a tree branch. 

"En..." I nodded numbly, as he set me down from his arms. 

"No, thank you man. Because of you, our plan is working better then expected. Look!" He pointed his chin towards the boss.

The once long thick neck of the boss was now trapped under what appears to be a giant rib cage...

"What is that?"

"Piphra's [Cage of rib]. It allows her summon a giant rib bones from the ground to trap her enemies, mainly against large monsters."

The boss appeared unable to move from it's position, as several tiny figures, which I realised where actual real sized players. Took the opportunity and jumped onto the boss and hit it with all they got.

"Those are?" I looked to Eziel.

"Other players. It seems we are lucky enough to come to a mutual alliance."

Several of the players lost balance, as the boss struggled to break free from the trap. And around those players, there was a flash of green.

"That's healing right?"

"Indeed. Sioux is healing them." Eziel answered patiently. 

"But, those people are not even in our party..."

"As long they are a neutral target, a healer can always heal them. This way, the other players can't attack her, or else they will risk losing the healing."

"But don't they have clerics of their own?"

"Maybe. But you have to know, that there are very few who choose to play support in this game." Eziel jumped off the tree.

"That's why it's really rare for our team to have two." Eziel said casually, as he began to walk away.

"Wait! What are we going to do now?" I said, as I climbed off the tree clumsily step by step, but still fell at the last 6ft. Eziel laughed, then came over and offered a hand:

"Close in for the kill of course. And a extra bit of healing won't hurt."

I looked at him silently for a moment, then took his hand.

Next I know, we were rushing back to the boss scene.

Q: Would you sacrifice your teammate in a RPG game in a time of need? (Trolling counts too)