[30] Preparation

By the time we have arrived at the beginner's town, the sun had already been over taken by the moon. Enju and I were really scrapping the bottom of the barrel now, as we used the last of our gold to get here through teleportation gate. And what's even worse was that we didn't even have enough gold for the return trip, and borrowing from our new friends...well, I didn't like that idea too much...

"OHHH! ENJU! HERE!" Sioux voice came from ahead, but her figure was just completely walled off by the crowd.

"There!" I commented. As Enju and I barely managed to squeeze through all the ruckus and make it to the other end alive. 

"You both managed to make it!" Sioux said with a wide grin, as she slipped beside Enju and gave her a big cheek to cheek rub.

"Rigaaa-" Enju cheeks puffed, as she reached a hand out towards me for help.

I am afraid there is nothing I can do about that...

"It's pretty crowded here today..." I said, hoping to divert Sioux attention.

"Yeah, since the same world boss only respawns once a week." Eziel answered instead.

"We should go now. The time has come." Piphra added.

"Ah, Piphra is right. We should get going now Sioux." Eziel said.

"Fine." Sioux grumbled, and seizing this golden opportunity, Enju separated herself away from Sioux. 

"Ey? You don't like me hugging you?" Sioux cocked her head towards Enju.

"Of course not! I hate you! Hmph!" Enju crossed her arms and turned her cheek.

"Then are you ok if I hug your boy friend instead?" Sioux said, as she drifted to my side, and wrapped one hand around my arm. Causing an internal brain overheat inside my brain.

Whaaaaaa!!!

"NOOO!!!" Enju said with baffled cheeks as she pushed us apart.

"HAHAHA!!!" Sioux laughed.

"HMMM!!!" Enju hummed angrily. 

"That's enough Sioux. Let's go." Eziel hustled. 

"Fine. I was just joking." Sioux stopped laughing and began to move along, but the grin remained on her face.

"I still hate her." Enju said with inflated cheeks.

"Uhhh..." I reluctantly followed along,  as my brain still kind of short circuited from that event. 

"Riga are you..."

"No, no wait what?" I looked around frantically.

"Nothing!" Enju whipped her head away.

Dafuq?

***

As we slowly made our way to the border of the town, I noticed most players in the clearing were wearing some some sort of uniform, the most notable ones being the crusader armour. 

"Who are those people?" I asked no one in particular.

"The cross brotherhood." Eziel said distastefully. "One of the branch guild of Legionnaire."

"Huh..." I muttered, as I looked to their group, curious about what they were going to do.

"Sir Sull1van! Where should we position the Ballista?" said one the armoured knight.

"Fool! I told you to drag it to the other side of the lake! You disappoint the pope!" yelled back his superior, whom I assumed was Sull1van. 

"Forgive me sir. We will see to the task at once." the lackey then ran out and repeated the order to his fellow comrades. 

"Man, they take this stuff pretty seriously." I slowly turned my head back.

"Yeah. Don't mind them." Sioux replied, who walked at the very front. "And look there! That's the lake the boss will spawn from!"

I looked to the lake, it wasn't massive, but it was no small pond either. Stretching for several hundreds of meters, the lake bank was entirely surrounded by players from various factions and class. But they all shared the same haughty look in their eyes...

"It's almost time." Piphra commented, as she lifted her chin and contemplated the moon.

Maybe I shouldn't do this...

They previously said the boss was level 100...

I am going to die for sure!

From the distance, the lonely chorus of the town bell echoed through the air.

"Ah." Piphra simply made a sound.

The lake erupted.

Q: How would you edal with crowded public events?