Chapter 45

Day: Friday. And it's still morning. I'm afraid Friday will take longer than Thursday. That'll be sad. Well, we'll see.

( Drew's POV )

I waited, and waited, and waited. While eating some chips. I had been awake way too early. And school wasn't going to take away my time today, because of what happened in the gym. So I had immediately ran to the hospital, only to be told I had to wait. But it was already passed twelve o'clock, and I was getting impatient. Luckily songs were on the radio. Sometimes I danced a bit, since no one saw me anyway.

It surprised me how cold it was here. That would probably be because this was just a hall to wait in, but it was still unusually cold.

The door opened and a young nurse came out. "Sir, she's awake."the girl said, but I had already gotten up. "Before you go inside, I think it's better to tell you some things first." The girl closed the door behind her, making me wait even longer. "The bullet has gone deep. She's alright, but she needs all the rest she can get. So I suggest you won't stay longer than twenty minutes."

"That little time."I muttered disappointed. But I knew twenty minutes was the most time I would get with her. "Fine, if that'll help her recover." The nurse smiled sweetly, and opened the door for me. I stepped inside. The curtains were half open and sunlight shone on May's beautiful face. I ran to her. She smiled.

"Drew?"she asked. I almost cried hearing her voice, without pain in it. "You're here. That's nice. How long will you stay?" I saddened a bit, but I held her hand, more for me than for her.

"I can only stay twenty minutes."I admitted. "The doctors say you need to rest, and I believe the doctors are right. After that I probably won't see you in a long time. I answered officer Jenny's call, and found out just how badly my parents want me out of here." May's smile faded. "But don't worry, I'm here now, and we've got twenty minutes."

"I need more time with you."May mumbled. I smiled.

"I need more time with you too, and I promise you that I will do my best to stay."I promised. "I have to talk to my parents anyway. Officer Jenny was furious at them that they didn't even let me stay here for something as important as this." May chuckled a bit.

"When isn't officer Jenny furious?"she asked, smiling. "I probably need to talk to her too. I kinda broke the deal she and I had. And I guess she's busy enough to snap at me anytime."

"I'm sorry that I'm the only one here now, but Ash didn't come to the hospital, and the others first had someone else to visit." May squeezed my hand a bit. I was glad May hadn't come to the dance with me. Even with that bullet that the doctors had gotten out of her, she would've been injured even more if she had gone to the dance last night. I still didn't know how Paul was doing. I should question Dawn about him later.

"It's okay."May said, smiling. "I'm happy that I have some alone time with you, before you leave." I smiled back.

"How's your injury?"I asked, to brighten up the mood. She removed the blanket and showed a bandage tied around her waist. The bandage was pure white, no blood to be seen. But I didn't know what the last time was that the doctors refreshed her bandages. Lucky for her it was the only injury she had. She would have to refresh her bandages, in case it would bleed again, but it wouldn't keep her in here for very long. Just like the others.

"They just refreshed my bandages, but it stopped bleeding already a long time ago."May said proudly. "If it keeps this way, they said I might sleep in my own room tonight." I hugged her, careful not to hurt her injury. That must mean Sky's trial would be soon too. And I wouldn't be there to make sure it would be alright. No, I would find a way to stay with May. I had to.