Chapter 6

( Misty's POV )

I was running as hard as I could. I seemed to have a problem breathing while running so hard and I was sure that if I would go on for much longer I would collapse. 'Just one more.'I thought focussing on my breathing. My head felt like it was gonna explode, but I kept running. 'Just one more.' I pulled myself together and ran with a sprint to the others.

"Well done, Misty!"the teacher said. I sighed in relief and I took May's bottle of water. I panted and looked up to Sky. She wasn't much of an athletic and was still busy with her fourth round.

"How do you do it?"May asked. She was still panting from her six rounds. "Ten rounds."she said with disbelief.

I chuckled. "Well, I'm a professional swimmer maybe that helps." May gave me a smile. 

"I wished we didn't have PE so early."she said and sat next to me. I nodded and took another sip of May's water. Water had never tasted better. Paul was still running and he didn't even seem tired, though I was sure this was his fourteenth round.

"How long until class ends."I said, still panting.

"Five minutes."May said relieved. "We're almost done."

I closed my eyes for a few seconds, letting my head rest on the bench. I just thought for a moment, but I could see exactly what had happened back in Cerulean City. Like I was reliving it. I thought that was only a nightmare coming up when I was sleeping, but this wasn't even sleeping. I opened my eyes in horror the first thing I saw was Sky which didn't make me feel any better. Sky was just a reminder of Cerulean City and I needed to put that behind. She came towards me.

"Can I have some water too?"she asked smiling softly. I gave her the bottle, too tired to smile back. Sky looked at Paul. "He doesn't even look tired."

"He's a mistery to all of us."I said standing up and packing my stuff.

( time skip )

I sat next to Dawn in the canteen. I had cooled down a bit, but was still a little warm.

"How'd it go?"Dawn asked.

"Misty did TEN rounds!"May said. I just nodded while eating some lunch.

"Ten?"Dawn said in disbelief. "My record is seven."

"Paul did fifteen."I said. Dawn's eyes widened and she accidentally dropped her knife (a knife to eat, don't worry!). I chuckled when Dawn bumped her head on the table while picking up her knife from the ground.

I looked at my time table. "Science."I said and I felt some life coming into me again.

"Oh, me too."Leaf said. It was her first sentence all day. She still seemed to be pretty upset with the whole "Gary thing", but her talking again was improvement. Tomorrow it was finally weekend. I knew next week would be harder, considering I missed the first two days of school. I stood up getting ready for next class.

"Well good luck."Dawn said. "May and I have a free hour so we'll be in the library."

"Okay!"I said and Leaf and I walked to class. Luckily Gary didn't seem to be in class and Leaf could just act normal. What wasn't so lucky was that bug boy was here. He smirked at me and I was wondering why I was even looking at him. I turned my head quickly away, hiding the blush on my cheeks.

Professor Oak opened the door and the students all tried to get in the classroom at the same time as the others. I quickly claimed a place for Leaf and I and she sat next to me giving me a slight smile.

"Goodmorning."Professor Oak said smiling. The class murmured a "Goodmorning Professor Oak.', but it wasn't very... lively. "Today I would like to do a little project. As you may know we're studying fire type pokémon and how hot they can become." Some people laughed at the word hot, though they knew Professor Oak was talking about the heat. "Yes I know, hot. I would like you to get deeper into this subject. You'll all get a week to make a presentation about a certain fire pokémon. You're going to do this in pairs." Some people whispered if they would go together, but Prof. Oak interrupted them. "These pairs are randomly made by the computer." Some people groaned, including me. Professor Oak took a paper and read it aloud.