Chapter 32

I'm gonna write it down now, more for myself, but also for you: Sunday.

( ????? POV )

Another useless day of training, making homework and studying. Derek forbade me to visit Leaf, because those teens always got us into trouble. Made sense though. Leaf's disappearance would at least give them another thing to think about.

I was lucky that officer Jenny hadn't seen my face, or that May recognized my voice. Derek didn't even have trouble escaping, while I had to run as fast as I could. May knew I was talking about Misty, just as she knew officer Jenny was coming. I took a breath. The door opened.

"You gonna stay there forever, or are you interested in some brownies?"Lyra asked, still holding the door. I smiled weakly and stood up.

"As long as Hilda didn't make them."I said, walking to Lyra. She chuckled.

"Don't worry,"Lyra said happily. "She used a recipe this time." I chuckled too. What if they knew who I really was inside, what I had done? Would they still be my friends? It was nice to think they would, but I knew that even they were just as selfish and heartless as everybody else. That thought was what kept me going. Maybe someday I would get out of this hellhole.

Hilda proudly showed us the brownie. "And I even added some extra chocolate."

"How are we supposed to know if that's a good or a bad thing?"I asked chuckling. Hilda's face turned red from anger. Lyra quickly sat down taking some of the brownie.

"We'll see soon enough."she said, before Hilda could yell at me. The brownie tasted really good, actually. But Hilda's stare made it less amazing to eat. Then someone knocked on the door. I jumped up and ran to the door.

"That's probably for me!"I yelled to Lyra and Hilda. "Gotta go! Bye!"

"Bye!"I heard, but I was already outside, closing the door.

"Seriously?"Derek asked, raising an eyebrow. He wore a comfortable shirt, with wide jeans and sneakers. His hair was wet from the rain outside.

"What?"I asked innocently. "Can't I eat a brownie with my friends, before training?" Derek sighed, but decided to walk. My eyes sparkled, but that stopped when the rain hit my face. "You know what?"I said annoyed. "Today, you have every reason to be grumpy." I swore I saw a small smile on Derek's face, which of course made me smile.

"It's just rain."Derek teased. "I have no idea how that makes you grumpy."

"Me? Grumpy?"I asked indignant. "Puh-lease! Like that's ever gonna happen. You're Mr. Grumpy, not me." Derek gave me a small punch, which I dodged. He smiled, but it was a different kind of smile. A more challenging smile.

"Oh, I see how it is."he said, and he came towards me. He got ready to punch, and I got ready to dodge again, but instead of punching me he swung his leg against mine, making me fall.

"Nice trick."I said, gritting my teeth. I quickly got up again. "I know a better one." I did many punches after one another, making Derek walk backwards a bit. Just not as much as I hoped he would. He grabbed my fist, so that I was unable to hit him. I tried to kick Derek, but failed and instead lost balance. I barely kept standing. But I did.

"I should quit now, before it'll get embarrassing."

"Oh,"I said with a wicked grin on my face. "We're just getting started." Derek chuckled and prepared for another hit. But I chose not to punch him. I let Derek try to punch me. And he indeed tried to hit me. I dodged, Derek didn't had the time to turn around fast enough, so I used that time to kick him in the back. He fell on the ground, but made it look like doing one push-up before getting up easily. He didn't even look tired. He ran to me, dangerously fast. I didn't even know he could run that fast. I jumped aside, as quickly as possible. My mind trying to be faster than Derek's legs. But then he was at me, and I couldn't think of anything to do. He put me in a hold.

"And, you're dead."Derek whispered in my ear. His breathing still normal, not even close to tired. I on the other hand was panting. Derek's warm breath felt nice against my cold skin. But then he walked away, not saying a word. I stiffened.

"I let you win,"I said, convincing both of us. "Just so you know." Derek chuckled, but didn't look at me as I ran to him.

( Serena's POV )

I avoided my own room. Avoided almost everyone inside the hospital. As a young girl I had developed a fear for hospitals. Friends of mine had fears for dentists, spiders or even clowns. But I feared hospitals. Just by knowing that doctors could do anything to you. Maybe the injection they'll give you were actually toxic chemicals. I just wanted to get out of this place.

I was in the shower, naked and with the worst lighting ever. The water was warm and relaxing. But the reason I liked to take showers was to be alone. There weren't any cameras following you. No annoying nurses checking if you were okay. And you could actually move. In my room they would tell me to sit down. That that was better for me in some unexplainable way. I liked to stand, to move, to do something. I liked to change in fresh clothes, even though they looked exactly the same as my former clothes.

But all of this was still not helping me. Slowly, I was getting mad here. This place was freaking me out. I knew Sky was claustrophobic, maybe she wouldn't have maintained it, staying here. I wasn't even entirely sure I could do it.

I switched off the shower. I picked up a towel and started with clearing the mirror. Just as an excuse to stay away longer. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked pale, tired and sad. Not how I used to look at least. Maybe the suicide attempt did work, I looked more dead than alive. My long hair stuck on my wet body, and there was no makeup to hide my tiredness. I took out my makeup bag, while letting my hand through my hair from frustration.

It was cold, especially because I was naked and wet. I put my clothes on and took care of my makeup. I reached out for my brush, but saw something else. Someone knocked on the door. I got frustrated again. I wanted to scream something, but instead kept holding my head, screaming in silence. I picked the scissor up, and quickly cut large pieces of my hair, trying not to think about it too much. A large pile of hair fell on the ground. I looked in the mirror, while cutting off my hair until my hair was on shoulder length.

"Serena open up!" I recognized Misty's voice. But I didn't want anyone near me right now. I wanted them to leave me alone! I pushed off everything that lay on the washbasin. I didn't even care that I broke my perfume. And only then I realized what I had done. But I also realized there was no going back. So I walked to the door, opened it and walked passed Misty to my room.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ah, a short chapter. But I at least think it's a better one. And I really enjoyed writing out of Serena's POV. Come to think of it, she's one of the most complicated characters. It's really fun to write out of someone you don't really understand. One moment she's glad she didn't die, and the other moment she just wished she had died.

And I gave you more an idea of who ????? is. But you'll probably don't know it yet... HA! 

And... 3.1K!!!!!! HOW?! Thank you so much for reading! I'm really glad people like this. I honestly never thought I would get this far. I'm so thankful, and I feel like I just won a prize or something. THANK YOU SO, SO, SO MUCH!!! For both 3.1K and 300 votes!! *screams really high* THANK YOU!!!

Vote

Comment

Thank you!

                 -LapisLazulli2-