Chapter 33

Day: Sunday. Yeah... I try to be faster. But it's still Sunday, sorry. If you want to know who the killer is, I'm getting to that. Just wait...

( Ash's POV ) (Ash has been forgotten. Sort of. Guess it isn't everything to be the main protagonist.)

I walked with Drew to the canteen, hoping he wouldn't ditch me if I started ordering food. Paul and Gary didn't even go with me anymore. Though that was also a relief, sort of. Especially with Paul. When I first heard he and Dawn were together again, I thought that would make him less grumpy. But he was just as grumpy as usual, only he wasn't around as often as before.

"I want..."I started, looking around.

"He wants two sandwiches, a chocolate milkshake and pancakes."Drew said. The exact words I wanted to say. I grinned and opened my mouth to say something, but Drew was faster. "And a cherry for on the pancakes. And I-"Drew smiled when he saw my open mouth"-want one sandwich with orange juice." I chuckled.

"Sure, do you have the money?"the woman asked. Drew handed the woman some money and she quickly gave us what he ordered.

"How did you know what I was gonna say?"I asked, still chuckling. Drew grinned.

"I'm friends with you for years now."Drew said. "And you only eat something different at dinner or in the weekends." I smiled.

"So you noticed?" Drew nodded.

"I'm not stupid."

"Debatable." Drew glared at me and took a bite out of his sandwich. "So, are you and May together now?"I asked with my mouth full of food. Drew stopped eating his sandwich.

"Do you even think I have the time to have a girlfriend?"he asked angrily. "I'll be leaving to Hoenn this Friday!" I wanted to open my mouth to say something, but Drew continued, "Ash, I don't even know if I can help with the whole murder situation! What if my parents decide I should go now! I'm in so much trouble for hanging up on them. And worst of all, I don't have the time to pack my bags. I need to get ready for my tests."

"Breath, Greeny."I said when Drew finally finished. "From what I hear, you don't want to go back to Hoenn." Drew shook his head. "Then tell your parents that."

"They're not as understanding as Delia, Ash."Drew said impatiently. "They'll say that I don't have a choice, and that it's a good thing. They say that with the murders I'm target number one, because I have a well-trained Roselia." Drew rolled his eyes. "I just want them to understand this town is more than just those murders."

"Then tell them that." I looked at my watch. "Oh no! Misty is going to get angry." Drew raised an eyebrow. "We're gonna have a great date, in the hospital." Drew chuckled.

"Well, I'm going to finish my lunch."

"Good luck with it."I said, glaring at Drew. It was unfair that he could eat all my food now. "Come Pikachu." But Pikachu, of course, decided to stay with Drew and eat all my food. I pouted, but walked towards the hospital.

( time skip )

"Can I help you?" I looked at the clock, hoping Misty would forgive me for being late.

"Yes, I'm looking for my friend, Misty Waterflower."I said hastily. "She's here, but I don't know where in here." The woman looked at me with the most annoyed face I had every seen anyone have.

"Misty Waterflower, you said?" She typed some things in the computer, fast and without a mistake. "She's visiting Mrs. Yvonne. Room 65, second floor."

"Thank you."I said grateful, and I ran to the elevator. I pushed the up button and waited for the elevator to come down. When I finally reached the second floor, I ran as fast as I could to Serena's room. "Sorry that I'm late, I absolutely didn't mean to!"I yelled as I rushed in. Serena stared at me. The first thing I noticed was that she cut her hair. The second thing I noticed was that Misty was nowhere to be seen.