Chapter 39

Day: WE FINALLY REACHED THURSDAY! And it will probably be Thursday for a long time. I mean, it's the most important day of the story after all. Aaaahh!!! I'm so excited about this, and I don't even know why!!! I read my first chapter again some time ago, and I cringed so much. I guess I really have improved my writing. Well, I hope. Ah, who cares! I came this far, and it's all thanks to all of you! Thank you, so, so, so, so, so, so, SO MUCH!!!

( Dawn's POV )

After all that had happened yesterday, I was exhausted. Everyone knew about the letter, the threat, to Misty. Even Ash and Gary, who came later, knew it now. We had thought up a plan, and then we were all sent to bed, told that tomorrow was gonna be a big day. A deciding day. I couldn't sleep, so I had been awake, and that was the stupidest thing I could've done. Now it was morning, and I hadn't even slept ten minutes. It was still too early for anyone to wake me up, tell me I had classes, or anything else. I was scared. But when wasn't I?

I picked up my MP3 player. One of the few things we could keep. The rules here were strict, which was very understandable. Still, the rule for no contact with the outside world was broken already too many times, and they had given up on the times you should be at school. If I remembered correctly it used to be 7am and 8pm. But it didn't matter. It was gone anyway.

I just listened to some songs on my playlist. It wasn't like I would sleep anyway. Britney Spears' voice singing Everytime came into my ears. This song must be written specially for Misty. I had listened to this song so many times when I was little. I still remembered the lyrics. And I could just imagine how Misty would feel hearing this. Paul and I were good. We were together, and we were happy. But I still managed to be so down all the time. I needed him with me, always.

A few knocks on the door.

I took out my earphones and said, "Come in." May opened the door. She had been scared too. I had noticed how she almost grabbed Drew's hand if he hadn't crossed his arms that very moment. She relied on him, and they both liked each other. And they managed to have improved their relationship the least of everyone of us. I changed my way of sitting, gesturing May should sit beside me.

"Today is gonna be tiring."May started, stating the obvious. "And I will do everything I can to protect Misty. But when this day is over, no matter if we succeed or fail, it'll change. Life will change. Drew will leave, Leaf will probably be different, we have to live with the fact we are the cause of worsening someone's life. I know I can't back out now, but it seems like today is too fast. Too soon." I nodded.

"I know, I feel it too."I agreed. "I'm scared, even though I have the least dangerous role here. But May," She looked at me with a questionable face. "Whatever happens, we'll survive, okay? I don't care how, we'll survive." May smiled.

"It feels like only yesterday that we did our Truth or Dare game."May said, smiling weakly. "Someday, we'll continue that game. And then, I won't keep the truth from you." I smiled at remembering that moment. Things changed too much, too quickly. It was like May said, today is too fast, too soon. I held up my pinkie.

"Pinkie swear?"I asked. May smiled, and entwined her pinkie with mine.

"Pinkie swear."she repeated, and we both nearly cried. Normal teenage girls wouldn't have to worry about any of this. But we weren't normal. We had all decided to go to school in Almia, for some unexplainable reason. None of us came from here, but we still ended up together. It's as if it was more than a coincidence, it felt like fate. I picked up my MP3 player, removing the earphones, so that May could listen with me. And I put on a song I had listened to a lot lately. Especially when the news about Barry had just come. It seemed so long ago, though it wasn't at all that long ago.