Chapter 36

Day: Tuesday

( Ash's POV )

Someone opened the door. I laid as still as I could, hoping the person inside wouldn't notice I was awake. Like I could sleep. I could remember some parts of my night at the pub Harley worked. I had locked myself up the moment I was home again. I had heard how May screamed at Drew. There had been a pain in my chest when she said Misty's name, but I couldn't let it get through me.

The person removed my blanket, so that I would be cold and open my eyes. "I'm still sick, I can't go to school."I groaned, my eyes still closed. I grabbed in the air, hoping I would get my blanket.

"Wake up, Ashy-boy."a voice said. The curtains opened and the light shone through my closed eyes. Instead of a black sight, it was a shade of red. I groaned again, but finally opened my eyes. Gary threw me some clothes. "Finally!"he exclaimed. "Now get dressed, Drew and Paul are already in the canteen." I clumsily put on my pants, while Gary looked at himself in the mirror.

"You do know you're a rotten egg, praising your own looks like that."I said annoyed as I stepped in my shoes.

"I can't help it."Gary said, and he hopped on my bed. "I'm just too damn hot." I rolled my eyes and picked up my bag. I walked in the living room, Gary following me. I took my hat and put it on my head. Gary hit me on the back. "You're gonna look for Leaf with me, right?"

"Sure."I sighed. Just like old times. Before Misty came in my life. I guess it happened too fast. Maybe we should've slowed things down. But I also liked being free. I was still a kid, and I had to enjoy my girlfriend-free childish life. "Pikachu, we're leaving!" The yellow mouse yelled its name and jumped on my shoulder.

"I swear that pokémon is not normal."Gary muttered. "It won from me with Monopoly. Monopoly! Do you know how many times I played Monopoly with my dad? I trained so hard to win, and this yellow mouse just beat me like it was nothing!"

"I was its teacher."I said, grinning.

"Pika."Pikachu said annoyed. I just wouldn't tell Gary that Pikachu meant, That has nothing to do with my intelligence. I stuck my tongue out to Pikachu when Gary didn't look. I sat down next to Paul, with an actual grin on my face.

"So, do you have any tests today?"

"Chemistry."Paul and Drew said in unison. I laughed at them. They both gave me an annoyed look, though Paul's face looked more like he just ate a whole lemon. That made me laugh even harder.

"Stop that!" Drew glared at me.

"Ha! I have none! And the French teacher will even give us cooking lessons instead of French." Drew glared at me. Paul went back to his emotionless face, but Gary made this weird look I couldn't figure the emotion of. I stuck my tongue out to Drew. He gritted his teeth.

"Don't talk shit, Ash."Gary said. "We've got a PE test."

"We do?"I asked, regretting my attitude. Gary nodded, and Drew burst out into laughing.

"Ash, you deserve a prize for the number one dumbest in the world!"Drew laughed. I glared at him. "What's wrong, Ashy? Are you mad?" I stiffened, but didn't dare to look Drew in the eyes. So I looked at Paul. He wore a black shirt with dark blue jeans. And it was kind of annoying Paul actually looked hotter than I did. Then Gary hit me. I turned around, angry as hell.

"What was that good for?!"I yelled.

"To get you out of your depression."Gary said casually. I glared at him. "What? Anyone who looks at Paul without puking is depressed."

"Actually, Paul looks better than Ashy does."Drew said with that wicked grin on his face. I growled. This wasn't the way to cheer someone up. Though somehow it did make me smile.