Chapter 17

( May's POV )

I had gone through the week. It was a long, tiring and difficult week. But it was weekend. And I would do anything to make it a good one. I took a shower and changed in some clothes I felt comfortable with. My eyes went to the picture on my mirror of Dawn, Barry, Kenny and me. Kenny was grumpy, while Dawn and Barry were laughing about something, but I couldn't remember what. It was a picture of our summer. I didn't knew Barry specifically, I actually never heard his name out of Dawn's mouth. It took me ages to remember his name. But I knew that Kenny, Barry and Dawn shared an unbreakable friendship. And it had broken.

I sighed and put the picture down. It was like no one remembered his death. Though he was the one person that had actually died. Serena was almost dead. They had attacked Leaf, but she wasn't dead. Gary was just hurt in the arm. Things were going too fast. I sometimes saw how life kind of stopped, for a few seconds, and then people go on like nothing happened. I seemed to be one of those people. I hadn't really given Barry's death much thought. But it wasn't something I could just forget. It was death. And I got the feeling Barry wasn't the only one that was going to die.

I opened the door, trying to forget what I just thought. Though there was a part of me that felt good that I thought about it for a while. Like I was standing still by something that was changing my life, even though it was just a little. I smiled. It was Saturday. Hello freedom.

"Hi."Misty said. She was laying on the couch, reading, while Psyduck and Politoed where playing in the room. I just smiled and sat next to her on the couch. She continued reading.

"Got any plans for today?"I asked. Misty shook her head. I turned the television on. A reporter came in sight. The news.

"Last night, something terrible happened. It took till this morning to figure out what happened in the pub called: Snorlax's Beer."the woman said. Snorlax's Beer? Wasn't that the nearest pub in town. "Samantha is now there, so we'll switch to her." The camera was now on an older woman.

"Yes, thank you."Samantha said. "I'm here at Snorlax's Beer where everything has gone to hell last night. This guy, whatever his name is, says he remembers what happened."

"Yeah, I do."the guy said. "It started of like a normal party. Most of us were drunk and there was this girl drinking with us. She actually drunk seven glasses of whiskey." The guy made a short whistle, but went on when he saw Samantha's face. "Right. Then suddenly there came this cloaked person out of nowhere. The person first pointed his or her knife at the girl. Then the cloaked person threw the dagger at poor Timmy. He was immediately dead. The drunk girl, not the cloaked person, left soon after. Nobody knows even one thing about the cloaked person. Not even if it's a he or a she."

"Thank you, ... whoever you are."Samantha said as she turned back to the camera. "Officer Jenny is currently on the case. This is not the first dead body this year. Last week a young boy, called Barry, has died in this town. He was found close to a restaurant. It is unsure, but most likely, that there's a serial killer in town. Though Barry was a student, Timmy was between twenty and thirty. The girl that drank seven glasses of alcohol was a student. But since we don't know who she is she won't get arrested for drinking, while she's underaged." The camera went back to our nameless reporter.

"Yes."the reporter confirmed, like it wasn't clear already. "There are detectives on their way to our little town. Hopefully, we won't have to be afraid for very long. Then to the next topic." I turned off the television. Another dead body. Another murder.

Misty had turned silent. I stood up and walked out of the room, my hands in my pockets. How long until the next murder? Who was responsible for these murders? The same person as the one that killed Barry? I was afraid the next was gonna be me, or worse. Leaf was probably the main target, since they tried to kill her. What was happening?!