Chapter 11

( Dawn's POV )

May had taken forever to come to her room. I was a little angry at her, but also curious where she had been. 

"What took you so long?!"I yelled at her. May turned red and started stuttering.

"Well, I-I-I j-just was some...where." Leaf came in May's room before I could say something back.

"May you're back! Good."she said with a smile. "You've got detention."

May just looked like a bomb came on her. "What?"she said with disbelief. Apparently she had completely forgotten she still had school.

"Don't worry. You're not the only one!"I said laughing. "Ash and Serena also have detention. Misty got out of it, because of what happened."

"Oh great, so I'm stuck with the drama-scream queen."May said, struggling with the words 'drama-scream queen'. I chuckled and Leaf did her best not to laugh. It was crazy that two of us had been hurt and we remained a playful group of friends. Still it stayed a mistery what had happened to Leaf. And we were going to solve that mistery! I was sure of that.

Then I saw how late it was and I flipped. "Look I need to go."I said and I packed my bags. I had planned to meet Kenny in ten minutes! We should do a project together about Fire Types. (Yeah not only Misty, Ash, Leaf, Sky, Red and Serena have to do this project. Even if the rest is not in the same class. That's how school works!) We had chosen a Magmar. Kenny had seen a Magmar on tv and said it was one of the coolest Fire type pokémon. We had agreed to meet in the park.

( time skip )

"I'm sorry I'm late."I said panting. Kenny just chuckled.

"Don't worry, I'm getting used to it." I decided not to take it as an insult and smiled back. "Well I have done research about a Magmar. It doesn't have any problem with heat. It can live in a volcano without burning to death. I'm not sure how many heat it can take, but scientists are currently busy trying to figure that out. It is sure that a Magmar can't survive on the sun. That is too hot." I felt bad for not having any information at all.

"I forgot to get any information about a Magmar's evolution and if that has any effect on the heat a Magmar can take. I don't have any information about the heat of a flamethrower either."

"Well you did much."Kenny said and he glared at me. I just chuckled and he chuckled too.

"I'm sorry. There has just happened so much. Leaf's disappearance, Misty fainting, Serena's incredibly annoying drama and..."I stopped talking. "Well that's it. But it's crazy I'm not already traumatized by the recent events!"

"You won't get traumatized that fast."Kenny said and he gave me an annoying smirk. I scoffed and turned my head away from him, closing my eyes.

"They are my best friends and almost gave me a heart attack!"

"I get Leaf, but Misty? How long do you know her, three days?!"

"Actually six days."I said and I looked him in the eyes again. "And what is wrong with me getting friends?"

"Nothing wrong with it. Except you getting friends mean those friends of you are very desperate." I growled.

"Then you must be very desperate too."I said. Kenny didn't seem to know what to say. "What's wrong? Lost your tongue?"

This time Kenny growled. But he soon smiled. "Well, that's all today and..." His eyes narrowed as he looked at the lake.

"What?"I said and I turned around. I saw Paul running circles and I almost smiled. I never got to thank him for bringing me to my room that day. And now didn't seem like the right time.