Chapter 23

( Misty's POV )

Daisy and Violet were having a fight over who was the prettiest. I honestly didn't really know why I was able to endure their fights every time. Lily felt more like singing, even though she can't sing and my ears were bleeding. Were we really related?

"Daisy, Violet, quit it!"I yelled at them in annoyance.

"Geez, chill Misty."Daisy said.

"Yeah, it's like totally rude to interrupt people in their conversation." I raised an eyebrow. "Go and help Psyduck." I groaned, but did as they told me to. Psyduck wasn't feeling like trying to swim, yet.

"Come here Psyduck!"I yelled chasing the yellow pokémon. "You're the only water one that can't swim, now get your butt over here and start learning!"

"Psy! Psy! Psy!"Psyduck yelled in fear. I sighed. Was I ever gonna be able to make Psyduck swim?  Then I heard the doorbell.

"Fine!"I yelled. "I give up. Tomorrow you'll be laying in the water Psyduck! Got it!"

"Psy?"Psyduck questioned. I glared at my pokémon. Then I walked to the door and opened it. There was a young boy, couldn't be older than I was, and a girl. The girl had black hair, grey eyes and a colorful dress. Her hair was a little curly. She was pretty. The boy had light brown hair, dark chocolate colored eyes and was wearing a grey hoodie with blue jeans and sneakers. He looked confident.

"You're here to challenge me for a pokémon battle, right?"I asked. The girl smiled a little and the boy became even more confident.

"Yes, I am!"he yelled. "And I'm gonna win!" I chuckled.

"Don't count on that."I said and I stepped aside to let them both inside. The girl was amazed by the sight of the Cerulean City Gym. The boy on the other hand was too excited for his battle to look at the wonderful pool. "Are you ready?"I asked the boy. He smirked.

"Ready when you are."he said. With that I took my pose.

"It's a one on one battle!"I yelled and the boy nodded.

"Sherlock, I choose you!"the boy yelled loudly. Out of the pokéball came a Snubbull. I grinned.

"Come on out, Politoed!"I screamed. In a flash of light appeared my trusty Politoed. It clapped happily. "Bet you can't beat my lovely Politoed!" The boy smirked.

"Sherlock, use Bite!"

"Politoed, dodge!" My Politoed dodged successfully. "Well done! Now use Watergun!" Politoed used Watergun and Sherlock, the boy's Snubbull, got hit. But Sherlock kept standing.

"Ha!"the boy screamed, making my eyes narrow. "Now Sherlock use..." He couldn't finish his sentence, for  Politoed used Double Slap, without me having to ask it.

"Now don't get too confident!"I yelled triumphantly. Now the boy narrowed his eyes.

"Come on Fred, use Ice Fang!"the girl screamed at her traveling partner. The boy, Fred, gave her an annoyed look.

"I know that!"he yelled. "Come on Sherlock! Ice Fang!" Sherlock obeyed and Politoed got hit.

"Politoed, get up!"I yelled. "We're not gonna let him beat us are we?! Get up and use Tackle!" Politoed jumped up and tackled Sherlock. "Good job Politoed! Now use Double Slap!" Sherlock had gotten some serious damage.

"Sherlock, Tackle!"Fred yelled, but the Snubbull fainted. The girl sighed and shook her head.

"Sherlock is unable to battle!"Daisy yelled. "Misty and her Politoed win the match!" I hugged Politoed. Fred seemed not at all angry or sad. Disappointed, yes, but not sad. The girl on the other hand had an I-told-you-so look in her eyes. Fred glared at her.