Chapter 35

Day: Monday.

( May's POV )

It wasn't like I had the worst life ever. Misty and Leaf had it way harder than I did. It was that I needed to cry. I needed to let it all out. Even in theatre class, I shut my mouth and bit my lip. It would all be over soon. And like Dawn always says, after rain comes sunshine. But right now there was a lot of rain, literally.

"Nice weather today."Dawn said grumpily. She took a bite out of her sandwich and mumbled some other things. "Rain, of all things rain is the worst!"

"I think blood, pain and regret are the worst things in the world."Paul said casually. Dawn glared at him.

"And there you are, lighting up our lives."Dawn said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. "I'm so happy I have such an optimistic boyfriend." I somehow felt a pain in my belly hearing that sentence. Misty gave me a worried look, but I didn't look back. Instead I had a sudden interest in how Gary and Pikachu played Monopoly.

"Pika, pi!"Pikachu exclaimed, and the adorable pokémon took a card from the pile. It grinned evilly. "Pikachu."

"Huh?"Gary said with a questionable look. Pikachu moved his counter to another square. "Hey, wait! You already threw the dice!" Pikachu still grinned, and shook his head. "That's against the rules!" Pikachu showed Gary the card.

"Chu."

"That's unfair."Gary muttered. "I seriously doubt Ash always wins from you."

"Pikachu!"Pikachu yelled indignant. As if it was saying, "How dare you think Ash always wins?". I smiled a bit. Then Misty placed her hand on my shoulder, and I was forced to look at her.

"May, can we talk?"

"Actually, I have quite some work I want to get done."I lied, and I stood up. "Maybe another time. Oh, and Dawn," Dawn looked at me, her smile fading. "Good luck with looking for Leaf." Dawn nodded. I saw Gary was staring at me when I said Leaf's name. I gave him a faint smile before leaving the canteen. I started walking faster, making sure I didn't run.

"I heard there's an upcoming dance." I slowed down a bit, listening to what the group of girls were talking about. "It has been just a few weeks, but the principal decided we could hold a dance." The girl squealed a bit. "Isn't it amazing!"

"When is it?"another asked. "I haven't heard a thing about it. Since when is there gonna be a dance?"

"I just heard it!"the first girl said excitedly. "It's this week! I thought it was on a Thursday..." All the girls squealed. A dance? I sighed. Probably just to make people forget the current position our school was in. A smart, but risky way to make students forget the past 'incidents'. I went to the library, sitting down behind the computer.

Murder situation Pueltown

There were mostly some useless sites about previous investigations, and some advertisements. An interview with officer Jenny, which didn't contain any useful information.

"Can I help you?"someone asked. I looked up.

"No, it's fine. Just looking."I said to the dark-green haired boy. He couldn't be a lot older than I was. Two or three years older maybe. He smiled, but didn't walk away.

"It's no problem, really."the boy said. "Maybe I can even tell you some books that'll get you further. What are you searching for?" He looked at my screen, and it was too late to hide the information. He read it with a frown appearing on his face.

"The murder situation?"he asked, curious. I nodded. "There are some books about how to find the culprit of a murder investigation. But I honestly think books won't help this time. If anything, officer Jenny knows the most about this subject. Although if I were you, I wouldn't get involved in anything the police has to deal with."