Chapter 41

Day: Didn't I already say it was gonna stay Thursday for a while. So, it's still Thursday. Sorry to disappoint you.

( Gary's POV )

It took everything in me not to run to Leaf. She looked as if she was hurting, badly. I wanted to kill Sky with all my power, but what I wanted even more than a dead Sky was to be able to touch Leaf again. I might just kiss her the very moment I had the chance. And that moment wasn't now.

"Sky?"Misty questioned. But I only looked at Leaf. Arceus, why was she so beautiful? Even with all those bruises, she looked as if she came straight out of a fairytale. Her brown hair was messy, but still beautifully flowing behind her. Her hands were tied up, and Sky didn't seem to really care about Leaf's condition. The man wasn't anywhere to be found. Didn't matter. I had business with Sky, not with whoever worked with her. He wasn't important.

"Yes, I'm Sky."Sky said in an uninterested voice. "Now could we please skip the part with the, how could you, and go on to the other part." I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists. She didn't sound like she regretted making Leaf this injured. May tried to calm me down, unsuccessful.

"How?"Misty asked. Didn't Sky just literally ask Misty to skip this part? "How have you lied to me without anyone noticing, how..." A gunshot. It missed Misty, but this time it seemed like that was her intention, to miss. "How have you been able to kill?"Misty went on. Sky stuck out her gun, aiming at Misty.

"I told you, skip that part."Sky said, breathing heavily. What was her problem? Leaf was on her knees, struggling to stay awake. Sky put her hands on the trigger, getting ready to fire. May's grip on my shoulder tightened. Then Sky pulled the trigger. May got up as quickly as she could and stumbled to Misty, pushing her away. If May hadn't done that the bullet would've surely hit Misty. But now it hit May in her belly. She fell on the ground gasping for air, her hands on the wound the bullet had made. It was bleeding uncontrollably.

"May!"Drew yelled. He jumped out of the tree, kneeling down when he reached May. He took off the black shirt that belonged to the suit, using it as bandage for May. May screamed out of pain, but I took this time to stumble my way to Leaf.

"Gary."she breathed. I untied the rope tied around her hands. I quickly looked at Sky. She gritted her teeth, but just took out something. I couldn't see what. I freed Leaf.

"Go, run."I whispered to her, and I ran to Sky. I tried to punch her, but she dodged me easily.

"You'll regret coming!"Sky yelled, and she pushed a button on something. We heard a soft explosion. We could see smoke coming up in the distance. "My family died in a fire."Sky said. This girl wasn't sane. "It's only ironic they die in an explosion." It hit me hard. The place she just blew up, was our school gym. The place where they would be holding the dance, where Dawn and Paul were right now.

"No!"I screamed. Misty stood up, her eyes had changed. There was no spark of confidence in her anymore, only a look as if she was dead. A look of horror. She slowly came towards Sky.

"How dare you?"she said. There was no sign of any humanity left in both girls. Misty pulled out a weapon, a kitchen knife. A damn sharp one. But Sky didn't seem to be afraid, she smiled. She smiled wickedly at Misty.

"Oooooh, did I anger you?"she said in a baby voice.

Misty jumped up holding the knife above Sky. But Sky rolled on the ground under Misty, dodging her knife. Misty got with both feet on the ground. Sky took out a knife herself, but a fighting knife. Red had taught me about those. They couldn't come into your skin with much ease, like the kitchen knife, but it hurted so much more than a regular knife. Not to mention she was still holding a gun. I looked at Ash's hiding place, but he had already left it and was now running towards Sky.