Chapter 15

( Serena's POV )

I closed my eyes. Thursday. Just two days until the weekend. I was sitting next to Sky who was diligent working on our project. Tomorrow was our presentation and I hadn't focused on school for almost the whole week. I was gonna fail my test geography I had to do today and French from yesterday. But my mind could only see how Ash pulled away.

"I'm sorry."he had said. He had looked anywhere except at me. Then he ran away. And me being me I had followed just to see him kiss that redhead; Misty. She was nice, but she had taken away my one true love. A good friend wouldn't do that, right? But on the other hand would a good friend emberass her friend to the whole class, while her friend faints? No. I was the bad friend she was the good one. She had actually tried to make Ash be mine. But he had refused. And who was I to deny true love. It was something I had never had. I thought I had true love with Ash, but now I realized I had only seen it from my side. Ash didn't love me. He never did. And the redhead had captured his heart. Fair and square.

"So, I don't really have time to work on the presentation today. Can you finish it on your own?"Sky asked. Her black hair was in a ponytail and she wore a grey shirt.

"Sure."I said without even listening to Sky. This was probably the worst week in my entire life. Everything happened so fast after each other. I kind of wished I was the next victim. Just so I was freed of all my problems.

"Great, thanks."Sky said. The bell rang and everyone walked out of the classroom to the canteen. I wasn't hungry though. I walked the canteen in and stood in the line. Behind me came Ursula.

"Serena, heard about your... embarrassing moment."Ursula said. "You tried to kiss Ash, but he chose he didn't want to kiss you. Pathetic."

I tried not to say anything back, but I couldn't really help myself. "Hey Ursula, heard about your embarrassing moment with Paul. Didn't he like you? Guess you're the one that's pathetic. at least acknowledge my defeat."

"He loves me."Ursula said cold to me. "He's just a little shy, that's all."

"As shy as he is with Dawn?" I felt bad for Dawn, using her like this. She never even talked to Paul! At least I thought so... Ursula looked angry at me, narrowing her eyes.

"He has no affection to Dawn."

"Than why does his face soften when he kisses her." Okay I crossed the line! Dawn was gonna have problems with Ursula, because I had crossed the line. I needed to stop this now! Immediately! But I could only give Ursula an evil grin as I turned around. I bit my lip, but didn't turn back to say I lied. What was wrong with me?! I always pretended to be sweet and nice, but I actually was a monster! A big, lying monster! That overreacted too. Ursula was right. I was pathetic!

I saw how Ursula tried to prove me wrong, which I was. Ursula stepped up to Paul and asked him if I told the truth. He didn't even blink. He just shook his head and said something I couldn't hear. Ursula gave me a smirk and I looked away. I wass a heartless, lying, overreactive monster! I was nothing but a liar. Pathetic. And alone. I ran to my room, completely forgetting my lunch. I called out Fennekin, just so I could ask it to burn me alive. 

But as I called out my pokémon, I couldn't even make myself speak. I could only sit on my bed and cry. I was a heartless, lying, mean, overreactive and selfish monster! No wonder I had to go to this stupid school! Fennekin made a worried sound. It knew about my problems, it knew what I was. And it still cared for me.

"I don't deserve your care Fennekin."I said. It gave me an angry face. "Go find another trainer that isn't a backstabbing monster."

"Fennekin."it said as it jumped on me and tried to cheer me up. The crying had given me a headache so I laid down on my bed. The tears had stopped, but I felt twice as miserable. I was the worst person in history. I had never done anything good in my entire life. The only thing that would do any good was getting myself killed. I was a mistake of this world. I was...