Chapter 25

OMA! I'm already at chapter 25. Wow... That's... That's just... Wow. Thank you so much for reading!😘 Okay, I'll shut up now!

( Misty's POV )

I woke up, panting and sweaty. Frankly, this was not the first time it had happened. Me dreaming about Fred became normal, but it still hurt and prevented me from sleeping. I switched the light on. My nightmares became even worse now the truth had been revealed. The voice in my mind was right after all. There's no secret that wouldn't come out eventually. Not a single one. But telling was still hard. Hearing that there were some people that wanted me dead for what I did, was just too much. I felt more and more responsible for every death in this town, but leaving wouldn't be an option either. If I left I would just get others in danger. And here we were close to revealing the killer. And being afraid wasn't a bad thing. The door opened.

"Misty..."May said sleepy. "Turn off the light."

"Sorry, I can't sleep."I said walking to the light.

"Can you ever?"May said with a small smile. I had brought this all to her. If there was anything I could do for her, I would. Yesterday she had lost two of her friends. Though Brendan wasn't dead, he certainly was... lost. I switched the light off. I couldn't see May's face, but I could hear it when she said, "Thank you." She shouldn't be thanking me for anything.

"No problem."I said. It felt like there was a sudden weight on me. Like I was carrying a giant rock. But I wasn't carrying a rock, I carried something a lot heavier. I carried my mistakes. All of them. I couldn't even count all of them, but I was certain that there were hundreds. The door closed and I felt a cold breeze. The window was still open, so I walked to it and looked outside. A tear rolled over my cheek. The wind made it dry pretty fast and it tickled when the wind blew. The cold made me feel lonely. I should be lonely.

"Could you help me up?"

"What?"I said and I looked over the window. There was Ash holding onto the window frame, almost falling. I gave him my hand and helped him up. "How the hell did you get there?"I said laughing. He rubbed his fingers.

"I came to see you, but Charizard flew away when he saw food."Ash said annoyed. "So he left me hanging there, until I would fall and die." I chuckled.

"I like that Charizard." Ash gave me a warning look, which made me laugh even more. "Why were you looking for me, in the middle of the night?"

"I saw you had the lights on."Ash said.

"Light."I corrected him. Ash gave me a threatening face, which I translated as: Shut up, now you still can. I gave him my best teasing look. Ash's eyes narrowed. My smile widened. Then he gave me a light punch in the shoulder.

"I just risked my life for you, Mist."Ash said playfully. I laughed.

"I know, I'm just teasing you."I said. "Though it was funny to see you hanging there." Ash glared at me. I giggled at his reaction. "But that I had the light on isn't a reason to suddenly ask your Charizard to fly you to my room."

"I wanted to check if you were okay."

"Awwwwww."I said, giving him a kiss on his cheek. "That's almost as adorable as Pikachu."

"Wait Pikachu is more adorable than I am?" I grinned.

"Yup!"I said and I jumped in my bed. Ash shook his head.

"Am I ever gonna be more adorable than my pokémon?"

"Nope!"I answered. He sat on my bed, smiling a bit. My mood changed all of a sudden. Psyduck let himself out of his pokéball and stood for Ash in a way, like it was asking: Could you pet me, please? I threw my pillow at Psyduck. "Learn manners!" Ash chuckled.