Chapter 28

WARNING: This chapter contains swearing! Just so you know...

( Misty's POV )

I hopped onto the couch and laid my laptop on my lap. I opened the laptop and searched on the web.

Files police Almia

I was lucky no one was here. I knew this was illegal, but if the police wasn't able to do something with the information they had, I had to. I heard some noises outside, but the door didn't open. My eyes went back to the screen.

www.almiapolice.com

I clicked on the link. A page appeared on my screen. I typed in a username.

Username: JennyPueltown                                                                                                                                               Password: *****

Where did I know this from? Every officer Jenny did the same! Their username was Jenny with their town name behind it. And their password was the region they lived in. It was so simple that I wondered if they were ever gonna get problems with it. Some noises made me look up from my laptop. I sighed when I realized it was just the wind. I pressed 'next'.

Files:

Docx 1. Leaf

Docx2. Barry

Docx 3. Timmy

Docx 4. Gary

Docx 5. Brendan

Docx 6. Zinnia

Docx 7. Misty Waterflower

I didn't know what scared me more. The fact that I was on this list, or the fact that I was the only one with a full name. I shook my head and looked into Leaf's document. There wasn't much information. I guess why they went after Leaf was just too mysterious. There was some stuff about her knowing something and for that almost killed, but nothing we didn't already know. I went to Barry's document. It was mostly DNA tests and all medical stuff, but also some useful stuff. Timmy had the least information. Brendan's file was the longest. Apparently Brendan's disappearance was the least mysterious. Zinnia had a long list of her condition in prison. When I finally was done with reading that, I slowly breathed in and out. The little arrow came closer to my name. 

And then the door opened.

"Hello!"May yelled happily. I closed my laptop immediately and faked a smile. I was getting better at it. "How is it going?" I considered telling her I was looking through the police files, but realized it might be a better idea not to tell anyone until I had everything.

"I can't find anything about the killer."I lied. "She's invisible."

"No one's invisible, Misty."May said with a sigh. She picked up my laptop to open it.

"Wait!"I squealed. May gave me a questionable look. I took the laptop in my own hands and opened it. May couldn't see what I was doing, so I deleted the page with the files. Maybe I would find out what my name was doing there later. I gave the laptop to May. She typed as fast as she could.

Sky Keen

"What?!"I shouted. May didn't move a muscle. There were a few websites about the Pyrite Town Gym, pictures of their family and about the fire Sky never wanted to talk about. "Take that one." I pointed at www.PyriteNews.com. May obeyed and let the arrow touch the link. It was an article about the fire. Above was a picture of the gym and the family. I saw Sky next to a younger boy on the left. Her father had brown hair and Sky's grey eyes. Next to her father was Sky's mother. She also had brown hair, but her eyes were greenish. Her little brother had the hair of his parents and the eyes of his mother. Sky was the only one with dark black hair.