Chapter 20

( Leaf's POV )

Almost there... almost there... I ran onto the battlefield and jumped in the air.

"Ha! I won you lost! Nanananana!" Dawn glared at me.

"You obviously cheated."Dawn snarled as she finally caught up with me. I gave Dawn an irritated look.

"I didn't cheat!"I yelled. Dawn scoffed and I took out my pokéball. "Enough with the talking, let's battle! Sandshrew I choose you!" My loyal, little Sandshrew came out of its pokéball energetically saying its name. Dawn smirked at me.

"A ground type, huh?"she said. "Well in that case... I choose Piplup!" A red light came out of Dawn's pokéball and her Piplup yelled its name already in position for the battle. (In case you wonder, Dawn and Leaf are gonna battle because that seemed like the best way to become good friends again. Since their fight.)

"Advantage isn't everything."I said smiling. I knew Dawn would choose Piplup. "You ready Dawn?"

"Oh you bet I am!"Dawn yelled. Misty came running to us with May following far behind. "What took you guys so long?!"

"We have a life besides watching you two battle, you know!"May yelled. Misty stopped right before the battlefield and picked up two flags.

"Are you ready?"Misty screamed. I looked Dawn in the eyes and narrowed mine. I saw how Dawn clenched her fists and there appeared a confident look in her eyes.

"Ready!"we yelled.

"Go!"Misty screamed.

"Piplup Bubble Beam!"Dawn yelled and her Piplup obeyed.

"Sandshrew dodge and use Dig!" My Sandshrew successfully dodged Piplup's Bubble Beam and disappeared under the ground.

"Where did he go?"Dawn mumbled. I chuckled a bit.

"Okay Sandshrew now!"I ordered after letting Dawn look around the field for a while. Sandshrew came out right under Piplup and threw the little penguin in the air.

"Piplup!"Dawn yelled as Piplup fell hard on the ground. "Piplup get up, please!" My Sandshrew hadn't done lots of damage to Dawn's Piplup and it got up easily. "Good work Piplup! Now use Hydro Pump!" Piplup obeyed and the Hydro Pump hit my poor Sandshrew. I gritted my teeth.

"That won't scare us!"I yelled at Dawn. "Sandshrew Rollout!" Sandshrew got up and did what I told him to.

"Piplup dodge and use Hydro Pump, again!" Piplup jumped up and dodged Sandshrew. Sandshrew just went on rolling, but turned around to storm at Piplup again. Piplup wanted to hit Sandshrew with its Hydro Pump, but Sandshrew's Rollout was too fast and Piplup got hit.

"Good work Sandshrew!"I yelled cheerfully. "Now use Scratch." Piplup was still a little hurt from the Rollout and got hurt by Sandshrew's Scratch attack. But that made Piplup come back in the game and really angry.

"Piplup use Drill Peck!" Piplup flew up and came straight at Sandshrew. I smirked at Dawn.

"Sandshrew Dig!" Sandshrew dug into the ground just before Piplup could hit him. Piplup's head hit the ground and it fell over.

"Piplup!"Dawn yelled. Piplup tried to get up.

"Let's finish this battle."I murmured. "Sandshrew come above and use Rapid Spin!" Sandshrew came in sight again and used a powerful Rapid Spin on Piplup. Piplup was still not tired out enough to win. "Okay, Sandshrew finish it with Fury Swipes!"

"Piplup use Growl!"Dawn screamed, but it was too late. Sandshrew had hit Piplup with its Fury Swipes and Piplup laid down on the ground with dizzy eyes.