Chapter 12

( Dawn's POV )

Barry. I knew him. I was in class with him. I was friends with him. And now... he was dead. They only told us. No last goodbyes. I could come to his funeral, but I wouldn't see him. I would see a coffin. I heard a young waitress had found him at the back of the restaurant where she worked. I blamed her.

The silence was unbearable. The whole school listened. Some cried, I did too. I was scared when Leaf was gone, but this was a whole new level of scared. I never had felt something like this. There was a hole inside me. Someone was killing people here. Killing, kidnapping and whatever they did too.

I couldn't focus couldn't control myself. I needed to get out of here. Barry was one of those people I knew since I was little. (I know that Kenny was that and I don't know anything about Barry so again, I made this up) 

Officer Jenny was standing by the door of the canteen. Why students? We were just children. We couldn't even defend ourselves. I had never thought so much without saying anything of it. But I guess I would never be the same.

"Because of the unfortunate events we decided to take some measures."the teacher said. His voice was lower than usual and nobody looked him in the eye. "Nobody can go out after 8 PM or before 7 AM. Nobody can go out alone. There are some safety devices that will check on any illegal stuff. There is security in the school. Nobody is allowed to have any communication to the outside world." For once it was completely silent, without anyone groaning.

( Misty's POV )

Seven days. I was here seven days and somebody was murdered. It's like they didn't want me to become happy. It's like there was someone in this school that was trying to hurt me. But they didn't hurt me. They had hurt a blonde haired boy Dawn called Barry. There was no pattern in the victims. One was killed, one kidnapped. Leaf and Barry. The didn't look alike or had anything in common. There always was a pattern, but I was clueless about this one.

After the speech from the teacher I ran to the swimming pool. It was the only place I could stay without anyone disturbing me. There were no lessons today. I had to admit I was scared. I just sat on the cold watery floor of the swimming pool and started crying. I saw flashbacks and became a little dizzy. This would take a week and then Barry's dead would be forgotten, by most people. But I couldn't get the blonde boy out of my head. What if... what if this was my fault? It could be, right?

The door opened, but I didn't even take a look who was there. I went on crying until I got a hand on my shoulder. Then I looked up. I had the hiccups and the tears couldn't stop rolling. Ash looked at me with worry in his eyes.

"Did you know Barry?"he asked. I shook my head. He wiped away one of my tears and it would almost be a cute moment, but I hiccuped between it.

"Ash, I'm scared."I then said. I buried my head in his shoulder as I went on: "I d-don't know w-w-what to d-do?" My hiccups finally stopped, but that didn't help me from stuttering. Ash threw his arms around me. And smiled slightly. I could see he was scared too, but he was incredibly good at hiding it.

"I know."Ash said. His voice was soft and calming. I wanted to stay here and fall asleep in his arms. "You're strong Misty, you don't have to be afraid. Plus I'm here and I'll never leave your side." He tilted my head so I would look him in the eyes again. His eyes were almost as relaxing as his voice. Then he planted his lips on mine and gave me a slow, but long kiss. Encouraging and on the right moment. I closed my eyes and kissed him back.

( May's POV )

I knew Barry from class, but was never close to him. Dawn was crying at the speech of the teacher, back in the canteen. I wasn't sad I was afraid. I was always afraid. I wanted that to change, but it was hard. The canteen speech had been an hour ago or something like that. Misty hadn't come back from wherever she went. Dawn had locked herself up in her room listening to songs like: Never forget you and If I die young.