Chapter 26

( Drew's POV )

A scream filled the silence. Oh no! If there was any reason my parents would sent me back home it was because of all the murders and disappearances lately. I ran to where the scream came from, followed by May. My heart beated faster and May grabbed my hand. Why was she acting like we were together? A couple. May and Drew. It would've been a nice thought if I it wasn't right at the moment I saw Brianna. That thought would have to wait. She might be a pain in the ass for most of the time, but she did ask for help.

"What's wrong?"I asked, looking worried. May immediately looked from Brianna to me, as if we would ever get together! Brianna was shocked and tears were coming up. Actual tears. So there was something. Good to know, 'cause with Brianna, well, you never knew...

"I was here, walking..."she said with a trembling voice. "With Surskit. But... But... But then..."

"But then...?"I asked. I would just act like we were friends, that would be better for all of us. To push my anger towards Brianna aside. "You can trust us Brianna."

"I looked away for a few seconds and when I turned around..."she said swallowing. I knew where this was gonna go. "Surskit was gone."

"Why would anyone steal your Surskit?"May said. "It isn't even trained!"

"Because it's a water type."I said, finally getting the hint of the Azumarill. Water types were Misty's specialty. The target was Misty. May made an 'oh' look and Brianna just wondered why that said anything. "This might even be worth officer Jenny's time. Brianna could you please come with us?"

"Us?"she asked.

"Really?"I said, sniffing indignant. "Your pokémon has disappeared and when we offer to help you, this is your response? Go get a life Brianna."

"I want Surskit back, more than you do."Brianna growled, more to May than to me. I rolled my eyes. "Can't I worry that the love of my life, at the moment I'm the most vulnerable, spends time with my rival."

"It's called reality, Brianna."May said.

I sighed, if they were going to have a fight over me, they would do it when I was far away from them. "I don't want to break your little heart Brianna, but I'm leaving, soon. Even if May and I would be a couple, we would never hold the relationship up so far away from each other. Now, are you ready to go to officer Jenny, because I would very much like it to catch the killer."

May smiled, while biting her lip. "Gotta catch 'em all."she said, smiling. I rolled my eyes and sighed. I lived in a world full of idiots.

( time skip )

Officer Jenny didn't seem very happy with us disturbing her. "Come in."she growled. Brianna was worried, for the first time in her life. May and Brianna had another fight about if May should go with us or not. At first May didn't want to, but when Brianna said she was fine with that May decided she did want to come. That left me being in the middle of a fight between them, again.

"Brianna,"I said, taking a glance at the girl. Of course she was overreacting, but there was some worry in that cold face of hers. "Lost her pokémon. A Surskit." Officer Jenny sighed. "I know it's doesn't seem like any help, but..."

"Look kid."she said annoyed. "I have tons of work to do, and I seriously don't have time for this. If you want to tell me something, be quick or be gone." I nodded.

"Surskit is a water type, so was Azumarill."I said as fast as I could.

"So?"officer Jenny said even more annoyed. Arceus, this wasn't going as I planned.