Chapter 4

(Dawn's POV)

Our teacher was talking about the importance of knowing your enemy, though no one was really listening. I thought about how Leaf reacted when she heard Misty would live with us. She seemed nice, so why would Leaf be that upset about her living with us? Was it something she did during their class?

May sat next to me she also didn't seem to have interest in what our teacher had to say. She was busy drawing in a sketchbook I had never seen before.

"Pssst, May."I whispered. May looked up covering the drawing she was making. "How long 'till class ends?" May looked at the clock.

"Still half an hour."she whispered back. I groaned, a little too loud.

"Am I boring you miss Berlitz."the teacher said, causing the whole class to look at me. I turned red.

"I-I... I was just wondering if we couldn't just talk about... top coordinators."I said stuttering. The teacher looked at me like I was a Pikachu trying to fight a legendary pokémon (he was the legendary pokémon). I bit my lip, but nodded. "Yeah, that's what I was thinking."

"Go to the principal's office now!"the teacher said.

( time skip )

"Well done Dawn!"May said. "Your second class today and you have been send to the pincipal's office."

I turned red. "Yes, and for what? Groaning?"I yelled. "Don't you think he was a little overreacting."

"True but that teacher always sends you to the principal's office for the most little things."May said. She held her sketchbook close to her while walking.

"Let's talk about something else."I tried desperately. "What about that sketchbook of yours? A present?"

"Brendan gave it to me."May said blushing. I smirked. May saw it and immediately screamed: "It's not like that!"

"Sure..." May glared at me before starting about the new food store that had opened. Typical May.

( time skip )

I was done for today, finally! May was sitting on my bed making homework while listining to a song on the radio. I was done with my homework so took May's books and said: "I'm bored! You're gonna quit doing homework and start talking."

"About what?"May said somewhat annoyed.

I smirked at her. "What do you think about playing truth or dare?"

"Fine. I've got nothing to hide anyways."

"Don't be too sure about that."I said grinning like a complete idiot. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare."May said.

"I dare you to eat one of my cookies."I said. I made them yesterday and needed someone to taste them for me. May took the cookie and got starry eyes.

"So good."she said smiling like an idiot. I chuckled. Combine May with food, what do you get? A lovesick May.

"Truth."I said before May could even ask.

This time May smirked. "So Dawn... Is it true that you've got a crush on Kenny?" I should've seen that one coming.

"Of course not!"I said blushing furiously. 

May gave me a look which I read as: 'You sure 'bout that?' 

I scoffed. 'Of course I'm sure.'

'Your cheeks tell something else.'

'Go die.' 

After our unspoken conversation I gave May her books back. She smiled.