Chapter 3

(Leaf's POV)

Misty was silent, but it had a calming effect. At least I wasn't the only silent one in class anymore. After a few moments we got out to battle. Misty didn't seem impressed by the first battle or the second for that matter.

"Now who dares to challenge me?"Gary said with an ego that could fill at least ten schools.

"I dare!"Ash said and he run up to Gary.

"Well this will be fast!"I screamed. "Say goodbye to your winning streak Oak!"

Ash smirked and let out his totodile. (I know he isn't totodile's trainer anymore, but because I still haven't seen the later seasons I just use all the pokémon he ever had, deal with it)

Gary called up his umbreon. "Ready umbreon?" Umbreon just nodded.

( time skip ) sorry I'm lazy and don't know every attack so... no pokémon battle

"Umbreon is unable to battle totodile wins!"Paul yelled. Ash did a weird looking dance with totodile while Gary was complaining about his defeat.

"Who wants now?"Paul said, clearly annoyed.

I wanted to raise my hand, but Misty already stood on the platform. Paul didn't seem to care and he sat on a bench, to watch and yell, if necessary.

"Come on out-" Before Misty could actually say a name a light came out of one of her pokéballs and a Psyduck came out tilting his face with a soft "Psy." Which of course made the whole class laugh.

"I didn't mean you, Psyduck."Misty said annoyed. "Misty calls Starmie!" A beautiful and obviously well trained Starmie stood before the redhead.

"A water type, huh?" I wanted to face palm.

"She is a water type trainer, you idiot!"I yelled.

"Oh yeah, I forgot." This time I did face palm. Ash chose Pikachu and they started the battle.

"Starmie, Watergun!" Starmie obeyed Misty and aimed at Pikachu.

"Pikachu dodge and use thunderbolt."Ash yelled. Pikachu successfully dodged the watergun and did a thunderbolt that hit Starmie pretty good. But when the smoke vanished Misty's Starmie stood straight.

"Starmie, another watergun!" Misty's Starmie did what it's trainer asked. This time Pikachu wasn't ablte dodge it and got hurt. Misty didn't stop. "Starmie, tackle!" Pikachu seemed to be dizzy and Paul gave the sign that Misty won.

"Huh? What just happened?"Ash asked to no one specifically.

"You lost bug boy."Misty said.

( time skip )

The canteen was full. I saw Dawn and May in the back and wanted to walk to them when Gary stopped me.

"Something wrong, Oak."I said. It wasn't a question and it was more like I just said 'Get out of the way Oak'.

"Nah, just looking at you." I blinked not caring at all. He came closer to me.

"It wasn't a question."I said ignoring the fact he was so close to me our faces where only a few inches away from each other. I walked past Gary not saying anything more.

Dawn seemed to be incredibly happy.

"Hey Leaf!"she said. "We've got a new dormie!"

"Oh, great."I said not even trying to sound happy.

"I know right!"Dawn said, ignoring me. "Her name's Misty." I spit out the juice I was drinking.

"Eww!"May yelled. I rolled my eyes and looked at Dawn.

"What? Did I say something wrong?"

"You just said the person we're gonna live with is Misty Waterflower." Dawn nodded, not really knowing where I was getting at. "She just beat Ash in a pokémon battle with almost as much ego as Gary always has."

Dawn smirked. "Leaf and Gary, sittin' in a tree..." She stopped when she saw my face, but grinned.

"You are so pathetic."I said. "I would never ever like such a player."

"Hi."said a voice behind me. I turned around and saw Misty smiling. "Can I sit with you?"

"Of course!"Dawn said and she moved aside so Misty could sit down.

"So Misty, what kind of stuff do you mostly do?"May asked.

"Well, I did swim a lot. Trying to learn my Psyduck how to swim and watch TV. Sometimes there was a challenger, but it was mostly a bit boring."she said confident. 'Liar' I thought. She didn't seem like the type that would give up her title as gym leader to go to a school in another region. There was something fishy about her. "And I'm a huge fan music. Except Jigglypuff's music, not to be rude or anything."

May chuckled. "Well if you want to fall asleep." Dawn, May and Misty laughed. I couldn't help myself and chuckled a bit. Misty smirked at me.

"What?"I asked.

"Just surprised you can laugh."she said, which made me laugh even louder.

________________________________________________________________________________

Eh... please vote, comment. Help me to get better. And say it when I used some incorrect grammar or words. I really appreciate it if you help me become better. And I only know Ash and Misty as a character so if I'm completely wrong about Leaf's character please say it. I will try to make it right. Anyways, thanks for reading. I'm so happy if there's actually at least one person reading this stupid fanfic. I know I'm a hopeless romantic and I'm sorry you have to endure this for, like, most of this book.

Thank you,

                  -LapisLazulli2-