Chapter 21

( Dawn's POV )

And I screamed like hell. Before me lay the lifeless body of an Azumarill. The poor creature was full of scratches and cuts. I even saw the print of a bite. It lay on its side and it wasn't necessary to check its pulse, because even without doing so, you could see the Azumarill had died. And from the blood I could tell it had died not so long ago. I hesitantly walked up to the creature and laid it on its back. Now I could see clear wounds. The bite mark was from a Mightyena or a Houndoom, but the cuts were from a human made knife. Why did the serial killer suddenly kill pokémon? He wasn't like that. He killed humans, not innocent pokémon. I picked the poor animal up. The blood that came out of the Azumarill spread itself over my arms, but I kept running. It would've been easier if I had known where I was, but I made it to the police office anyway.

"Officer Jenny!"I screamed as I walked in. Officer Jenny and some other people looked up. "There's another dead body."I said panting. "But it's not the same."

"A pokémon?"officer Jenny asked. She walked to me and the Azumarill and took it from me. She easily checked its pulse. "Dead."she said. "Bring this to the detectives, it might be possible this is enlightening for them. And you girl,"officer Jenny said as she turned back to face me. "Where did you find this Azumarill?"

I shook my head. "I don't know."

"Bring me there."officer Jenny said. I nodded obedient. I started running with officer Jenny behind me. Her heels made a lot of noise in the hallways that I found for some unexplainable reason. I stopped at the place I had been a while ago. "Flaming torches?"Jenny said, before kneeling down to examine the blood on the floor. I now paid more attention to the surrounding. I could see scratches on the walls and floor that weren't human made. But most of the attention went to the flaming torches. It was still inside the school building, so there was no logical explanation for the torches. We still had electricity here.

"What are the flaming torches for?"I asked. Officer Jenny looked up and frowned. She stood up and walked towards the torches.

"I don't know."she said. "This part of the school might be a little older than we thought. I've never seen this place to be honest. How did you came here?" I felt anger and sadness flowing through me.

"I was running away from someone." Not like that someone followed me or wanted to talk to me.

"From who?"Jenny said frowning.

"M-my friend."I said quickly. Yeah, friend. Like that was ever gonna happen. I would be lucky if Paul was ever gonna notice me again. Officer Jenny raised an eyebrow. "Do you think I'm lying?"

"Do you think I'm stupid?" I shook my head.

"I liked someone and he acted like he liked me too, but instead he threw me away the first chance he got." Officer Jenny made a disgusted face.

"Talk about rude." That comment made me smile a little.

"The torches should be for light, but they're always burning and it's possible to use electronic lights."I stated. "So where are the torches for?"

"Well, there is electronic lighting here, that's for sure."officer Jenny said, looking at the ceiling. "I guess the killer just wanted to be dramatic."

"If it's fire it'll probably mean the bite mark and the scratches on the walls are from a Houndoom."I said. Detective work wasn't for me, but it was also kinda entertaining to try to find the culprit. "That means that whoever has killed the Azumarill has a Houndoom."

"Unless there's not only one."Jenny said. I looked at her with a questionable face. "What if there's an alliance?" I hadn't thought of that. Darn it! Officer Jenny looked at the blood again, the walls and the ceiling. "I feel like we're missing something."