Chapter 38

Day: Wednesday.

( Misty's POV )

I locked myself up in my room, books everywhere. I jumped onto my bed and took the letter from under my pillow, and read it through once more. I didn't know how I could do this, but I would. For Leaf. Telling someone, anyone, it might cost Leaf her life. I couldn't risk any more lives. It couldn't be my fault for their deaths. I still thought about Ash a lot, but there were more things I was concerned about. Like the threat the killer gave me. Only Arceus knew how.

I hid the letter again, and picked up my laptop. The rest would probably leave me alone, since I should be depressed at the moment. Depressed was the wrong word. I felt exhausted. I hadn't slept ever since Ash broke up with me. And that letter... it just made things even more difficult.

A small thing appeared on the right corner of my laptop. I clicked on it, and with that answered the call. A beautiful blond girl came on camera. On the background was the gym, in an almost perfect condition. Two other girls, younger than the blond one appeared too. They waved happily, hurling up at the sound of some stuff falling.

"Misty!"Daisy quickly shouted a little too loud. "How are you? I told you I was gonna call you! But things have been so hectic since our last conversation. I totally forgot to call. And your mobile doesn't seem to work either, and it's so annoying. We had to go through all this trouble to get the lights right." I chuckled. Typically my sisters. If they were to appear on camera, they were gonna do it right. I hadn't brought up the murders, and they didn't seem to be aware of it either. So I just said that I was doing fine. I told them about Ash, but that was before the breakup. I wasn't in the mood to tell them that now. Like they said, it was chaos everywhere.

"No, it's okay."I said hoarsely. I didn't know why I sounded like that, but I did. I quickly coughed hoping my voice would return to normal. "I'm doing great. I have visited Serena, a friend of mine, a lot lately. And my grades are also great. I start to feel more and more at home here. If it were for me, I'd never leave! Doesn't mean I forgot about Kanto though." Daisy smiled.

"So, what about Psyduck?"Violet asked. I had once made her babysit Psyduck, and miraculously Violet had gotten a great interest in Psyduck. Almost like she liked the yellow thing. "Is he doing well?" I chuckled a bit.

"Psyduck is doing very well."I said in a way that made me think of talking to a small child. "He has been causing me a lot of trouble lately, but I can count on him." The killer had told me not to tell anyone about her threat. Would that also mean I had to keep it quiet to my pokémon? "Same goes for pretty much everyone of us."

"That's good!"Violet replied. "Will you come visit us next holiday? We could do all kinds of stuff, like teach Psyduck how to swim!"

"You just want to spend time with Psyduck."I said, pouting teasingly.

"No, I don't!"Violet quickly yelled. "I'm just really passionate about making him swim. I mean, like, he should be good at something, right?! I think Psyduck is the most powerful pokémon you have, if you could just train it! It could protect you from dangers, like Team Rocket."

"Don't worry."I said convincingly. "I haven't heard of Team Rocket ever since I got here. I guess I have no need to worry about people like that."

"Don't treat us like babies, Misty!"Lily yelled. The only one not looking happy. Or did they all just pretend to be happy? I couldn't exactly tell. Maybe they were just faking those smiles. I didn't have to, but I should be able to recognize fake smiles. Maybe that would give me a lead on the killer too. Even though I would meet her tomorrow anyway. If I wanted to, or not. "We know about the murders, disappearances and illegal stuff! We do watch the news! Violet and Daisy have kept quiet about it, but we're worried! And why do you keep lying right in our faces?!" My smile faded.