chapter 27 : the glitch

Start from the beginning

Well it was technically my fault but that didn't mean I knew I was going to get pregnant.

I was very well on the pill in which backfired.

"If I was able to protect an army and more I am pretty sure three more wont be a bother will they?" I asked leaning on the table bringing my face closer to his.

I was ready to slap him.

How dare he.

For a moment an intense stare was shared and an unbothered Arabi was there checking if the food was ready yet.

"Yesh calm down" he said backing away.

"Just because I am pregnant and we are related it doesn't mean that I wont send you home with a broken leg" I said smiling at him.

He gasped in a dramatic shock.

"I thought I was your favourite cousin" he said a hand to his heart and wide eyes.

"Sorry dude she took that spot the day you refused to take me to the carnival claiming that you were taking your girlfriend" I said shrugging my shoulders remembering Denise.

"Hey I am proposed and she said yes which makes her my fiancé now" he said looking at me.

"You are marrying that bitch!" I asked in disbelief.

A glare was shot towards my way and a very serious Arabi looked towards us.

"We didn't come here to discuss about family matter.
In a matter of fact it's actually family betrayal" she said bringing her pulse near.

My back arched in which I leaned a little bit to the cushion.

"Speak" I said in my usual hard tone.

A tone that I haven't used in like five years.

She removed pictures.

Pictures that had my heart racing and nauseous.

I could feel my uneaten breakfast rising.

But I remained in silence looking unbothered and refused to show my fear.

"This is what have been happening' she said pointing at the pictures of the people I knew too well drowning in their own blood.

"Ciara Isco Mathew and Cindy are gone" she said pointing at each one of them.

One had arms and feet missing.

One with blood coming out of his nose mouth and even eyes.

Another one with limbs open guts spiked all outside and missing teeth.

Then there was the worse who looked like he died in the most painful way comparing to the others.

Bites of something that looked like an animal were all over his body making him almost look unrecognisable with the way his body had burnt marks.

"All of them sent to me via SMS.
Private and blocked number" she said looking at me.

I knew what it meant.

All of those people killed were my coworkers.

I have been in the shadows for too long.

"Do you know what that mean?" He asked looking at me.

His brown eyes concerned with care.

"I am sorry we couldn't do anything to protect them.
Like I said I have little time in my schedule and my limitation are here.
I was in a mission in Alaska where I almost froze my ass off" she said shaking her head as her brother snickered behind her.