chapter 8 : mr arrogant

(not edited)
____________________________________
Samah~~~

I didn't get why Abelardo couldn't send only one person.
Like five of them were doing my hair three of them doing my makeup and two more busy removing the white dress which was in a transparent paper bag.

I thought twelve more were doing Martha and Ari's make up because I didn't see them for the whole day.

Boy was I wrong.

"Okay dressing done it is almost time Mr Mendoza is down the stairs you can go we will try to arrange this mess we did in your room" she said opening my bedroom door for me.

My heart started drumming in my chest as I started wondering of what he would think of me if he sees me out there.

Why did I even care.

There was no time for thinking too much because as the lady said it was almost time and I didn't want to be the reason Abelardo would be late for the event.

I spotted him talking to Mrs Walters who still had her uniform on.

I lifted my dress a little high enough to prevent it from tripping me on the stairs and started descending slowly with every step that I took.

I finally made it at the bottom of the stairs as Abelardo started approaching me.

"you look absolutely beautiful tonight samah" Abelardo whispered in my ear causing goosebumps to appear on my already covered arms.

"Why Thank you" I said looking down.

I didn't know if it was a facade or not.

* * * * *

The gala wasn't what I imagined it to be at all.

Yes I expected people wearing fancy clothes but what I didn't expect was a red carpet full of lights as photographers took many many pictures
too many for life seriously.

"Just act normal because this normally take time.
You can't just walk inside without taking any pictures.
Don't answer any questions okay." he whispered in my ear as he led me to the red carpet.

The only answer he got from me was a nod assuring him that I got the information and I would follow his lead.

"Samuel are you getting married?"

"Samuel is she your new fiancé?"

"Samuel is she your wife?"

"Samuel is she pregnant?"

"Samuel who is she?"

"Samuel are you ready to move on after what happened with you and Lesley's relationship?"

Those were the questions that were thrown in our way.

Were they suppose to ask private questions like the one who asked if I was pregnant my eyes got wider that a soccer ball itself.

"I will be introducing myself to some people if you don't like that I suggest you go wait for me at that table it has our names o it maybe Ari and Martha might join you in a while" he said pointing a finger to a nicely decorated table with black white and gold material covering the tables and chairs giving them a fancy look.

I was a socialy awkward person so he saved my life telling me to go sit somewhere that I could get a drink.

I walked to the table and took a sit as a waiter walked to me keeping a glass of champagne next to me with a smile.

I said a small thanks returning the same smile that he gave me then started taking small sips on my drink.

It was starting to bore me and I had no company at all.