Bombay Mixx - Chapter Four - Part Two

Start from the beginning

Usually, she would be boasting about the intimate details of the night, so something wasn’t right.

I continued my interrogation. ‘So come on, spill the beans. I wanna know all the details. Please tell me you didn’t do anything with any of them? You remember you’re engaged, right?’ She looked at me and sighed.

‘I am aware I’m engaged,’ she retorted before she continued, ‘I don’t think I’ll be spending much more time with Tiziana.’

‘Oh wow and I thought they were best friends now,’ I pondered.

‘Why? What happened?’ I asked innocently. She looked at me to see if I was genuinely concerned or whether I was going to use the information to mock her in the future.

She explained. ‘We went to one of the guy’s apartments and it was amazing. Beautiful wall to ceiling windows, Japanese inspired furniture, luxurious rugs…you get the picture. Well we went into the lounge area, sat down and one of the men got a crate of champagne and we continued to have a laugh. There were six of us and it felt really comfortable, until one of the men took out a plastic bag, put one of the small white tablets on his tongue and offered it to Tiziana which she accepted whilst kissing him. I tried to shake it off but when another man started lining up coke on the table and the guys started snorting it, I had to get some air so I went to the bathroom and stood by the window. I thought I locked the door but I obviously didn’t as I felt a hand on my arse and I turned to see one of the men smiling at me. He grabbed me and tried to kiss me but I pushed him off. I tried to run out of the bathroom but he blocked the door and started grabbing at my shoulder straps. I kicked him in the nuts and ran out of the bathroom, trying to fix my now broken shoulder strap. I ran into the front room to see Tiziana practically in an orgy with four of the men and when she saw my shaken state, I told her what happened and said I wanted to leave. She didn’t even seem bothered. She told me to relax and have a line before getting back to her foursome. I couldn’t believe it, so I walked out and didn’t look back.’

As much as I wanted to say ‘I told you so’, I saw my sister’s shaken state as though she was reliving the evening so I hugged and comforted her with, ‘well, be glad that nothing worse happened and now we know what Tiziana’s like, we don’t need to be around her anymore,’ I concluded and she agreed.

Ten minutes later the door bell rang and mum went to answer it.

‘Renesh and Shilpa are here girls,’ she announced as she invited them in.

With all the hugs and small talk over, we went to the table and began dinner.

The beautiful, succulent meat danced around my mouth as mum engaged us with her Ireland holiday idea and more suggestions for Gabrielle’s engagement party.

Renesh and Shilpa joined in but you could see there was some awkwardness between them, which did not go unnoticed by mum.

‘So, how is work going, Shilpa?’ mum asked whilst trying to break the tense atmosphere between them. The table went quiet and Renesh shot of glare of annoyance at Shilpa. ‘It’s going ok mum. Just a lot of work to do at the moment but hopefully it’ll settle down soon,’ she replied with sorrow in her voice.

I looked at Renesh with irritation, as I felt he had no right to be annoyed after what I saw near the gym.

I couldn’t handle his antagonistic frowns anymore so I interrupted mum’s further light questions. ‘So Renesh, how are you handling not having your lovely wife at your beck and call when you need her,’ I enquired with a raised eyebrow.

My suspicious investigation went unnoticed. ‘Very funny Neets and it would be nice to see her more but I know how important work is to her so I’m trying to be supportive and not make a big deal out of it.’

Mum smiled as she accepted his valiant response and like a dog that just got a treat from his owner for performing a trick correctly, he returned mum’s smile and his expression went back to normal.

After dinner, Shilpa and Gabrielle helped mum clear away the dishes, which gave me the perfect chance to confront Renesh with what I saw. ‘So bro, how are things really going? Did you do the romantic evening with Shilpa?’ I probed. He was unaware of my suspicions as he replied, ‘Yeah but she was too tired again to enjoy it so we just went to bed. I’m getting so sick of trying Neets and getting nothing back.’

I laughed to myself as I thought about all the lies Angus used on me about his wife so this was all too familiar. With the rage building from finding out about Angus and his still, very much alive marriage, I retorted, ‘Ahhh, so since Shilpa was too tired to give you a quick session cos she has been working so hard to build a future for you both, you decided to thank her by fucking the latest tramp you picked up at the gym. How long have you been seeing this hoe?’

Obviously, taken aback by my knowledge of his recent secret activities, Renesh took a step back and looked around to see if anyone else heard the revelation.

The radio was on in the kitchen and mum was entertaining the pair with stories from her past, so there was no way they heard but that didn’t stop Renesh pulling me into the hallway and shutting the door. ‘What on earth are you on about?’ he stuttered, looking flustered.

I regarded him with a long, disapproving stare as I continued. ‘Don’t try to weasel your way out of this one Renesh, I have proof and with that I showed him the picture on my phone.

He examined the picture for a few moments and collapsed on the stairs with his head in his hands.

I refused to console him so I just stood in front of him to make him aware I wanted answers immediately.

He looked up and I saw the colour drain from his face as he started to explain. ‘I didn’t mean to cheat. You have to believe me, Neets. It’s just been really hard with Shilpa working all the time and I’m not blaming her but I was just feeling lonely. I thought I could keep myself busy with joining the gym but then I met Manisha and she was such a good listener,’ he paused to listen to see if anyone was coming so I jumped in and spat. ‘If she’s a good listener then why didn’t you let her listen to your woes, whilst she was running next to you on the treadmill? I don’t understand how much listening she could be doing on top of you.’

Usually I wouldn’t be so crude with Renesh but the anger was boiling inside me and I couldn’t take any more of his lame excuses. ‘We enjoyed each other’s company and eventually an attraction built up. I knew I should have backed off but I was so lonely Neets, I just wasn’t thinking,’ he cried.

‘So how long has this been going on?’ I whispered as I sat next to him and put my arm around him, as I began to realise I was being a hypocrite.

He seemed grateful for my now calmer nature and continued, ‘about three months’.

I gave him a hug before I stated, ‘you need to end this now as it’s not fair to Shilpa’ and he agreed.

We spent the next few minutes giving each other a hug until we were summoned by mum to get our desserts.