Hoseok: Internet Friends

This is dedicated to the international Hoseok stans. Don't worry other stans, your fics are coming, too. From one I-ARMY to all the others <3

You wrote a letter to Hoseok, explaining what you thought of him and how much he means you to, as well as asking him to be your friend. At the bottom of the letter, you left your cell phone number and a side note explaining that you weren't going to get your hopes up and that you didn't expect a single thing from him. In all honesty, you were thinking that he would take one look at the letter, notice the English, and throw it away like it was nothing.

About a month after you sent the letter, you received a call from an unknown number. You decided to answer, since the caller ID was from South Korea. You quietly slipped out of your last class and accepted the call, letting out an unsure, "Hello?" into the receiver.

"Hi, is this (Y/N)?" a man's voice said in very unsteady English. You gasped as you recognized the voice; it was Jung Hoseok. He read the letter. You started to cry as he explained that he got the letter and called to let you know that yes, he wanted to be your friend.

Over the course of four months, you and Hoseok would text for about two hours twice a day; when you woke up and he was going to sleep, then when he woke up and you were ending the day. Sometimes, he would call you in the middle of the night to tell you something he thought was important or when he claimed he just wanted to hear your voice.

The two of you traded selfies, stories, pictures of friends and places you both thought the other would like to see, as well as bad jokes and personal things that always stayed between the two of you. As the months passed, the two of you became really close friends.

'Ah, I wish I could see you!"  Hoseok pouted on his side of the Skype call. He had just woken up; his hair messy and sticking up in all the wrong directions, bare face slightly puffy from sleep, loose muscle shirt covering his torso. You looked up from your physics textbook with an amused smile on your face. "You are seeing me, Hobi," you said, pushing your glasses back up on your nose.

Hoseok was walking through the dorm, probably going to see what Jin had cooked for breakfast. "I know, but I mean in real life. You know how awesome that would be?"  he whined cutely. You frowned at a random spot on your bed, allowing your thoughts to circulate. Of course you wanted to see Hoseok in real life! Ever since he first called you, you had wanted to meet him. But your family couldn't even afford concert tickets when BTS came to the US.

Your silence was disturbed by an unsure, "(Y/N)-ah?"  Hoseok was sitting at the breakfast table with Jimin, who was glancing at Hoseok's phone curiously. There was a pout on his face as he ate. "Sorry, Hobi. Zoned out. Um, meeting can't happen," you mumbled as regret filled your heart. It only got worse as Hoseok replied, "Why not?"

"You're famous, Hobi. You're always busy and you can't fly here whenever you want. And my family can't even afford tickets to your concerts when you come to the US. What makes you think I can fly out to see you? I'm sorry, but it can't happen." As much as you hated saying it, it was the truth. Hoseok look absolutely crushed; his expression soft, eyes dull with hurt. "But... I can take care of that... Please?"  he pleaded quietly. You shook your head and wiped your eyes. "It's best if I just stay the fan that you're friends with. I'm tired. Have a good day, Hobi. I'll text you goodnight when I wake up."

About two and a half weeks after that sad Skype call, Hoseok had sent you something in the mail. When you opened it, the only thing in it was a round-trip plane ticket to Seoul, South Korea and a note that said, 'Please come see me.'  Now, you really had no choice but to go.