Jimin: Beyond the Sea

I got off of work early, so I had enough time to take a walk on the beach before the sun set. Today was the perfect day for the speedsailors; the wind was blowing just enough and the tide was out for the evening. From my beach house, I could see the sails ripping through the blue sky as I set out on my walk.

"Hey, watch out!" a female voice called as a group of guys dragged one of the speed sailboats into the water, catching me off guard as I passed them. I looked around until the boat passed and gasped. She was beautiful; hair pulled into a ponytail, an orange and black wetsuit on. Her smile seemed to reflect the sun's rays.

I felt a blush creep into my cheeks as her smile got wider. "Sorry if I sounded mean. I just didn't want you getting hurt," she said quietly, blushing a little. God, why did such a gorgeous girl come into my lonely life?

"You sail?" I asked, gesturing to her boat. "Yeah, I do. I'm guessing you just spectate?" she replied, tossing her ponytail over her shoulder. I nodded and looked away, towards the sea. "Well, I'm going to go sail. You can watch." I looked back up to see her jogging towards her boat, easily jumping on. "What's your name?" I called to her as she got further away. "(Y/N)!" she yelled back.

I sat up on the rocks and watched (Y/N) sail, admiring her for her free spirit. I could hear her happy yell as she raced past me. She was just so beautiful. I wished I wasn't so timid; maybe she'd like me if I wasn't. From what I saw, she was the exact opposite of me; not afraid to be herself.

(Y/N) sailed for about two hours before she came back onto the shore with her crew. She seemed tired and shaky as she passed me, sending me a wave and the most genuine smile I'd received in a long time. But once her boat was put away and she bade her friends goodnight, she climbed up onto the rocks to sit down next to me.

"Hey, you," she said playfully, patting my back as she stuck her tongue out at me. I blushed and said, "Jimin. My name is Park Jimin." (Y/N) seemed to think for a minute, looking over my features. "It suits you, cutie," she said after a while, flashing me a smile and sending butterflies to my stomach. I can't believe she called me cutie.

"I'm not cute," I mumbled, looking at my feet. (Y/N) shook her head and rested her chin on my shoulder. "But you are cute, Jimin! You have the cutest eyesmile, your giggle is sweet, your voice is lovely, and those cheeks!" She made a point in pinching my cheek lightly, making me pout. "Stop it, I know I'm fat," I mumbled, turning my head away. "Park Jimin, you are not fat! I promise," (Y/N) said gently, resting her head on my shoulder as she looked to the sea.

Ever since that day, (Y/N) has stayed by my side, leaving only to take to the sea. Who knew I would find love in the sea?

okay, so my friend really wants me to do a Namjoon oneshot where he's a fox hybrid and all this fluffy stuff happens so be looking forward to that. I hope it lives up to her expectations. Happy Days!

- Tae