Jimin: Voices

Everyone finds their soulmate in their own unique way. The most common way was a birthmark, which only matched one on the entire face of the planet. Everyone always had a birthmark, but you had nothing. There was no sign of a particular trait that stood out from the rest of you. It was like Fate decided not to pair you up with anyone, which crushed you every time you thought about it. But still, you took no interest in people around you, exactly like the others who haven't found their soulmates.

So, when you felt that persistent headache that you've had since you turned eighteen get worse, it made you worry. You were at the beach in North Carolina for summer vacation when it got so bad that you couldn't see. It didn't make sense; you were always drinking water, so it couldn't be dehydration. You were perfectly healthy, so why did you have such a bad migraine?

"God, my head hurts..."

As soon as you heard that voice, your headache disappeared like it never happened. But that voice... It wasn't your own. It was a man's voice; slightly higher in pitch than a normal man's, but to you, it was angelic and you wanted to hear it more.

"Um, hello?" You thought as you slipped into your swimsuit; a cute light blue one. A wave of shock seemed to roll through you, but then you realized it must be coming from whoever you were thinking to. "Who are you? Where are you?" the voice replied, the tone shocked and you realized that it was in fact him.

Then, a wave of realization seemed to run through both of you and you gasped, dropping the can of sunscreen in your hand onto the floor. "I'm in North Carolina... In the United States... I-I'm (Y/N)," you thought as you tried to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. You could feel his surge of happiness on his end, too; the feeling of tears rolling down your cheeks that you knew weren't yours. "I'm Jimin... Park Jimin... From Busan, Korea..."

Jimin. That was the most beautiful name you'd ever heard. Your heart beat a little faster as you repeated his name over and over again, which earned you the cutest chuckle you had ever heard a guy create. "I'm glad you like my name. I like yours, too... (Y/N)-ah." Your cheeks heated up when he said your name so cutely, and you knew he felt it, too.

"So... You're my soulmate..." you thought after a minute of just feeling him chuckling to himself out of nerves. "Yeah... And we're fourteen hours apart," Jimin replied sadly, and a wave of sadness, of need, washed over the both of you as you let out a shaky sigh. "But we'll make do, okay? We'll take advantage of our time and everything will be okay. I promise."

Jimin's determined and reassuring voice was able to calm all of your doubts, all of your fears that this wouldn't work out. And for the first time in your entire life, you felt truly loved.

"Jimin?" you thought about a month after you got back from vacation. It was two in the morning, which meant it was four in the afternoon in Korea and you knew your soulmate was awake. He was off from all of his exhausting schedules, so you knew he was probably relaxing with his friend Yoongi or dancing with Jungkook and Hoseok.

It was silent for a minute or two, but then you received a concerned, "(Y/N)-ah? You should be sleeping. What's wrong?" He sounded so urgent, like you had just broken your leg or something like that. But it flooded you with a feeling you could only describe as reassurance; as long as he still communicated with you, as long as you could feel his feelings, then everything would be okay.

You rolled over onto your stomach and cuddled your pillow before you replied, "I can't sleep. I haven't been able to sleep for a few days. Jimin, I'm so tired but I can't sleep." Jimin sighed and you heard him rummage through a few things, before you heard what sounded like a cologne bottle be opened and the scent of his cologne coursed through your senses.