Namjoon: Stranger

"Shit."

You stared up at the street sign, completely in the wrong part of the city. This wasn't what you planned on when you said you were going to tour Ilsan. You ended up on the wrong side of the city, where criminal activity was strongest at night. It was currently 8:15 and all you wanted to do was get back to the hotel to rest up for your flight back home tomorrow, but it looked like that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

"Lost?" a voice said from a few feet away. You saw a man with pink hair, tattoos and a dimpled smile standing underneath the street light, a can of spraypaint clenched in one hand.

You immediately tensed up; you were not going to be kidnapped by this guy-or any guy. But still, despite his image, this stranger might be able to direct you back to the hotel.

He started walking towards you and when he was an arm's length away, you took a small step back. The man looked a little hurt. "Listen, I'm not going to hurt you. My name is Kim Namjoon, and I know this city like the back of my hand. Name where you came from, and I'll make sure you get there safely. I promise," he said, dropping his can of spraypaint and offering a hand.

"(Y/N)..." you mumbled cautiously, hesitantly taking his tattooed hand. You had to admit; it was a nicely-drawn rose. Namjoon smiled and pulled you a little closer. "Alright. Where are we going?" You told him the name of your hotel, and the two of you made your way into the city.

Namjoon kept ahold of your hand, therefore keeping you close to him as you walked along. "I don't want someone grabbing you. It's best to keep you close," he mumbled, and you relaxed a little. He didn't seem as bad as you originally thought.

He made small talk along the way, and you decided he really wasn't bad at all; he just ran with a rough crowd. Honestly, he was a very cute character, especially when he smiled that huge, dimply smile. Your heart melted a little every time you saw it.

Finally, you two stood outside the door of your hotel. The fact that it seemed to take seconds made you disappointed; you wanted to keep talking to Namjoon.

"Well, here you go. I guess I'll leave you be, now. Nice meeting you, (Y/N). Be safe on your flight tomorrow," he said, stuffing his hands in his pockets with a sad smile. Before he turned away, you grabbed his bicep. "Wait, Namjoon." You hugged him tight, standing on your toes in order to wrap your arms around his neck.

Namjoon was taken aback, but he slowly brought his arms around your waist and hugged you back. The two of you stayed like that for a while, then reluctantly parted, Namjoon keeping his hands on your hips. "Thank you," you mumbled into his chest, blushing from embarrassment.

"Awe, it's okay, sweetheart," he laughed lightly, patting your back. "Um, may I have your number?" you asked cautiously. "Just because I want to get to know you better." Namjoon chuckled and nodded.

With numbers exchanged, another hug and a promise to be safe, you walked into the hotel, leaving Namjoon staring after you with a lovestruck grin on his face.