31: NEW YORK.

Sunday feels fifty hours long. All I get from Harry is a 'good morning' text but nothing more. I know he has the show in Boston tonight, maybe he's extremely busy the entire day.

Jasmine comes to see me at lunch time and gets the scoop on the events of the previous week.

I can't lie to Jazz, so I tell her almost everything minus some details no one needs to hear about.

But I do confess that I tried hard to sound as detached as possible. A little to convince her I'm not into him as much as I am and a little to try to convince myself of the same.

Her excitement level is through the roof! Yet here I was counting on her to be the voice of reason and tell me that this is insanely stupid and that I shouldn't go because it won't end well and he will break my heart and I don't need this in my life right now.
Or ever.

Dinner with my brother is the highlight of my day. He had been gone for a couple of weeks on a trip with his college buddies to the mountains and I've missed him a lot.

Stefan babbles on and on with stories about kayaking and climbing and how some animal they couldn't identify raided their campsite while they were out hiking. I could never keep up with him. He's an adrenaline junkie. I don't know who he got that from!

When he asks what I've been up to in his absence it doesn't take him long to notice something is different. Despite me telling him only about my latest argument with dad and other meaningless stuff, he knows.

"You seem... too chirpy, I don't know Em, like... happy." He's onto me and I can't erase the stupid grin from my face.

"What? No! I'm just my usual perky self." There's no escape.

"No, there's something else you're not telling me." Suddenly he points a finger at me with mouth and eyes wide open.

"You met someone!" It's not a question, it's an accusation.

"Maybe I did Stef, you don't have to act so surprised."

"Where? When? Who is he?"

Question number 3 is a no go.

"At the concert I went to after you left. And he's... just a guy." This couldn't be any further from the truth.

"The Coldplay concert? Now I'm really sorry I had to miss that."

And I'm incredibly grateful for it. I would've never stayed for "coffee" with Harry after the show if my brother was there. Bailing on Jasmine was difficult enough.

Regardless, I know he's being sarcastic. My brother won't listen to anything but rock and roll. He'd never willingly go to a concert like that with me or anyone.

"So, when do I get to meet him?"

My subconscious urges me to answer 'maybe never' but that would entail me giving Stef reasons to want to know more.

"I've only seen him a couple of times. You won't get to meet him any time soon."

"Oh, so you've already been on an official date?" I almost choke on my lasagna! If I told him that my 'dates' with Harry consist of being locked in a hotel room having the best sex of my life, he'd be forever sorry he even asked.

"Yes" It's not exactly a lie.

Our night ends with a movie and dessert at my place. When Stefan leaves, I go straight to bed. I fall asleep staring at the phone carefully placed next to my pillow.

But it never rings.

Monday there isn't even a 'good morning' text to wake up to like the day before. I don't want to feel disappointed but, I do. Thing is, I don't know what I should be expecting and the unknowns frighten me.