89: LOVE EXISTS.

Whose idea was it to take things slow, again?
Oh, yeah, mine.

Idiot, idiot, idiot!

The man of my dreams is naked in my shower and I'm sitting on the couch staring at the bathroom door, mentally scratching the wood with my nails.

This is the stupidest idea I've ever had!

I laugh internally thinking about how Harry has changed me. The Emilia I was before him would have never doubted a decision she had already made.

She wouldn't be in the living room, still, staring at a closed door, either.  She would've said goodnight and gone to bed after he went into that chamber of temptation that keeps calling my name from the inside.

But, in my defense, that Emilia had never experienced a love so overwhelmingly carnal before him, either. My heart loves this man with everything that it's got. And so does my body.

When I'm on the edge of my seat, five seconds away from sprinting towards the bathroom, its door opens revealing a Greek god in blue sweatpants and a gray t-shirt with his wet hair up in a ponytail.

Worst.

Idea.

Ever.

...But thank God he didn't come out in nothing but a towel around his waist! It would've been game over for me.

"Hey, there! I thought you'd be asleep by now."

"We didn't say goodnight. I couldn't go to bed without saying goodnight. That would be rude."

I know I'm just making this more difficult than it has to be, but I couldn't sleep without one more kiss.

"Come here."

Harry stands across the room with his arms stretched out. Immediately, I get on my feet and run to him and kiss him.

"I wanna make sure you know this isn't punishment. I'm not being childish, I just need time to process everything before we-"

"Shh. Love, it's okay. I understand. I would happily sleep five hundred nights on the couch if it means I get us back. Besides, we have all the time in the world to make up for the other stuff."

He winks and I smile like a kid who's been given a sweet. A sweet worth a future I'm too stubborn to even begin to think of.

"Speaking of time... how long are you staying?"

Please, don't let him say he has to leave tomorrow, please, please!!

"I'm staying for as long as you let me."

His eyes shine the brightest since he arrived here.

"Do you have the rest of your life available? I don't think you've packed enough for that."

My arms around his waist press him a little tighter and closer to me. He reacts surprised and shocked.

"Emilia Rose! Are you finally resigned to the idea of a future with me? Am I hearing this clearly? The girl who doesn't like to plan ahead is asking me to stay with her for the rest of my days? What is happening right now?!"

Harry is immensely amused and... happy?

"You're impossible, Styles! I'm going to bed. Goodnight!"

I briefly kiss his cheek and turn around, but the smile is too evident on my face to let me pass for an angry woman.

"Oh, and by the way..." He yells as I reach the door to my bedroom. "...If this is not punishment, would you punish me later? I've got a few ideas for you if what you're waiting on is inspiration!"

Medleyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें