85: WICKED GAME.

"Did you pick out that song?" I ask Harry once the music is over, without saying hello first.

"Yes. It took a lot of convincing to get your friend to help me pull that off . He seems very protective of you. As soon as he saw who I was and put together that I am your Harry he snarled at me."

I hate that he's talking to me like he saw me yesterday. So casually, so... normal.

"You're not my Harry." I correct.

"Yes, I am. I always will be."

I roll my eyes in response.
He takes a step forward.
We're now about two feet apart.

I can smell his perfume from here. That's not a good thing. The familiarity of it makes the intoxication process work a lot faster on me.

"How are you?" He asks.

"I've been better..." I pause when I notice the suitcase behind him. He came here straight from the airport. "...But I've also been worse." I finish.

I'm almost certain that his ego took a hit with those last words. Good.

He tries to take the final steps that separate us. I take the same number of steps back. I can't have him that close to me.

"Maybe I should've asked Jack to hang around a little longer...?"

Harry's the one rolling his eyes now. He knows I'm just trying to be difficult. No matter what situation we're in, I'd never feel unsafe around him.

"Is your friend Jackson just your friend?" He uses that hook to ask the question that's probably been bothering him for the last two weeks.

It's irritating and offensive how he thinks me capable of using my friends as rebounds, whether he refers to Jack or Kai.

I should make him suffer and let his imagination run wild for a little longer. But I'm tired of playing games.

"I'm pretty sure you're more his type than I am."

Harry takes the hint immediately.

"Oooh!" I believe I hear a sigh of relief after that. What a jerk! "Then that night you were with him in your room...?"

I shake my head and he smiles.

"That night he was just putting my drunken ass to bed! He'd never sleep with me, his boyfriend is a lot hotter than I am."

I don't know how I'm managing to keep a straight face. I'm, internally, still processing the shock of him being here.

"I highly doubt that." Harry replies.

"You've never seen his boyfriend."

Joking seems to lighten the heavy atmosphere of the room.

"He was really tough on me. I'm pretty sure he threatened my life once or twice."

"Then I'm proud of him. But did you come all the way here to talk about Jackson?"

I can't stand looking into his magnetic eyes any longer. He's trying to hypnotize me by turning those two bright green stars into supernovas when he looks at me.

Harry uses my distraction while I stare down at the floor to get closer. We're one mere foot away.

"No, I came here to apologize, to explain, and to get the love of my life back."

Ouch! That hurt.

I'm getting progressively mad that he came unannounced.

Shit!