Chapter 6: The Hell I Created- Investigation (Malachi)

I stepped out of the elevator, and Nao came behind me. "Should we investigate together then?" Nao asked.

"I'd like if you did join me, Nao." I said. "Let's finish this together, alright?"

"Alright..." Nao responded. "Where first?"

"Let's go to the city hall." I said. "That should finally be unlocked now."

Nao nodded in response, and we headed to the city hall. Once we got there, we walked through the small entrance hall, and opened the door to inside. Inside there were lots of rooms, but most of them were just empty side rooms.

However, one room we entered was a room with lots of screens on the wall, which showed almost every area in the entire city. There was a large board underneath them with lots of buttons.

"This must be how you control Monokuma." Nao said. "See, it looks like these buttons would spawn Monokuma in select rooms... But it seems as if Monokuma also has an AI where he can do things on his own."

"I see..." I said, looking at the screens. "Huh, what's this? There's an error log here... It says Monokuma was hacked into from a seperate device."

"Hacked into?" Nao asked. "Who could do that? Cassius was the Ultimate Hacker, but he died..."

"Maybe we can use this to find something out at the trial." I said, "But let's move on so we don't run out of time."

"Yeah, got it." Nao said, and we left the room.

We entered the last room in the city hall, which seemed to be the mayor's office. We started looking around in filing cabinets together.

One file we found was about something called The Tragedy. It seems like the outside world was destroyed by Ultimate Despair, a group headed by a girl named Angel Kiyo.

"That must be why it's so different outside..." Nao said. "Let's keep searching, though."

I nodded and pretty much brushed The Tragedy to the side. I can't get too caught up on things, we probably don't have a lot of time to investigate.

"Oh... Hey Malachi, I found a file on killing games..." Nao said, and came over to me.

"On killing games?" Malachi asked.

"Yeah. Look here, there were a total of nine before this one." Nao said. "The first one was masterminded by someone named Roy Zero... And it looks like Atsuki and Ren were two survivors of this... And the ninth killing game was masterminded by that Angel Kiyo herself."

"What about the other seven killing games?" I asked.

"...Well, are you sure you want to see this?" Nao asked me.

"Show me." I said.

Nao gave me the file and I looked through the other games... And they were all masterminded by other people here?

The second one was Setsuko, the third was Spencer. The fourth was Emma, the fifth was Zoey...

The sixth was Yudai and Amaya together... The seventh was Bahira... And the eighth was Eri? No, this can't be right. They were fine when we knew each other...

I shook my head and gave the file back to Nao, who put it away quietly. I tried to forget about the file. "Let's keep looking, alright, Malachi?" Nao said.

"Yeah, alright Nao." I said.

We kept looking for files, and we eventually found a file that included our classes during Hope's Peak.

"Ah... Bahira and Eri were in my class..." I said. "...Oh, you're two years older than me, Nao?" I asked, pointing at his class.

"Oh, yeah. I guess so." Nao said.