Chapter 4: The Masquerade's Final Act- Day 3 (Malachi)

Today I woke up to Monokuma's morning announcement. After getting ready, I left downstairs.

In the lobby, only Atsuki was already there.

"Good morning, Malachi." Atsuki said.

"Hey, Atsuki." I responded.

We sat silently for a while, waiting for everyone else to come downstairs. Eventually, Cassius, Masa, and Spencer came downstairs. Even Nao came before Ren, Zoey and Amaya, though. But eventually, Zoey and Ren came down.

"...Where's Amaya?" Cassius asked.

"She isn't usually this late..." Ren said.

"M-Maybe she..." Masa started.

"No, I doubt Amaya would be in any danger..." I said.

"Even so... We should split up and check." Nao said.

"I'll go with Masa and search the first area." Spencer said. "Let's go."

"O-Okay..." Masa said, and they left.

"I'll check the third area with Zoey." Ren said, and left, Zoey following him.

Cassius spoke up. "I'll search the second area alone. You three go to the fourth area." He said to Atsuki, Nao and I, and left.

"Okay... Let's go over and look." Atsuki said.

With that, we all left the hotel and went to the fourth area and started searching.

But... Our search didn't take long. We found Amaya in the first place we searched. The only open area there, the basketball court, where we played together just two days ago... Where she made me happy again.

But that's where we found her.

*Ding dong, bing bong*

"A body has been discovered!" Monokuma's voice rang through the speakers of the screen he appeared on. "After a certian amount of time, the class trial will begin! Until then, you are free to investigate the crime! See you soon!" Monokuma got off.

Honestly, I didn't need the announcement to know that she was already dead... I think I might have already known before we left, just didn't want to believe it. But this was proof.

But... Even if Amaya is dead... I know I can't be sad. For her sake. She'd want me to stay strong for her, I know that.

Amaya wouldn't have died so easily, either. She's strong and fit... So she must have died for a reason.

And whatever that reason is... I'll find out for her. I know she would want that of me. Because she wants me to be strong too.

Amaya... Whatever happened, I'll do this for you.

I promise.