Chapter 5: My Final Attempt to End it All- Day 2 (Malachi)

I woke up to Monokuma's daily morning announcement... Even though he is gone now. It's still weird to me.

Anyways, I woke up and got ready for the day, and headed down to the lobby. Already in the lobby were Ren, Cassius, Zoey and Atsuki. Ren was sitting down with a laptop and Atsuki was behind Ren. Zoey and Cassius were sitting in different chairs closeby, Cassius crossing his arms.

"Good morning, Malachi." Atsuki said.

"Morning, everyone." I said, and sat down with them. "What's the laptop for?"

"We're planning on using this laptop we found at the store to get a connection and contact someone for help!" Zoey said.

"I see. That's good, then." I responded. "Any luck yet?"

"Not quite. We're working on it, though." Ren said.

Spencer came down after Ren said that, and sat by me, knitting as usual. Nao came down a while later. He saw us, he looked me in the eye for a second, and walked outside. I decided to follow him.

"I'm going outside for a bit." I said.

"Alright... We'll tell you when we're finished." Ren said.

I walked outside, and Nao was just sitting down outside the hotel and I sat next to him. "What's up, Nao? You just walked out here..."

"Hi Malachi... I'm fine." Nao responded. "I'm just thinking about everything, you know? How everyone died... And now Monokuma is gone... But I doubt we can escape still."

"What? Why say that?" I ask him.

"...Escaping something like this seems impossible... And besides, I doubt Monokuma is really dead. He's probably just doing this as a motive so we catch someone doing something to escape alone, because that's the only possible way to get out or something... I don't know how true that is, but... You know... I doubtful for a good future anymore... It seems too good to be true, you know? Some feeling like that, I guess." Nao explained to me.

"Oh, Nao. I'm sorry you feel like that... But I still have hope for a future for us all... I think that's what everyone would have wanted, you know? Amaya, Bahira, Eri, and everyone else..." I said.

"Ah... You really wanted to be friends with all of them, didn't you?" Nao asked.

"Yeah... Waffle seemed cool... And I could have accepted him no matter what. Setsuko was nice and smart, I'm sure she could have been a good friend too... Maybe we could have helped her with her family problems too... Emma was nice, even if she... Well, I know Emma could have been just as good of a friend. Of course, I don't think Masa deserved what he got at all... I don't think I could ever forgive Kisho for what he did... But I wish I realized that Masa was tricked earlier. Maybe I could have saved him... and Yudai... I know she could have been nice to get along with, and funny too. Amaya loved her a lot... And Amaya went through the pain of losing her lover, yet you and her still made me happy again... I wish Amaya didn't die... But I know why she had to fight Kisho... She had to fight back... Because he already found out that she found out about him. But still... I wish she lived... And everyone else." I said. I was almost crying.

"I'm sorry you had to lose so many friends... And of course the other two as well..." Nao said.

"Of course... I miss them so much. Bahira trusted me to find her killer... She died so I wouldn't... She loved me... I just wish I could have helped her before then too... She may have been kind of mean to me at times, but... She could have been something close and special to me... Like Eri, too..." I said.

"I'm sorry, Malachi... I should have tried to help Bahira... I mean, I did see Kisho, after all... If I'm remembering correctly." Nao said.

"It's fine... You could have been hurt too, you know. You're my best friend here, after all." I said.