Chapter 1: Pressure to Save Siblings- Class Trial- Part 2 (Malachi)

"Ren... You're really the killer?" I asked.

"Of course..." Ren responded. "And Waffle was indeed the victim."

"What was that whole... Skin thing?" Amaya asked, looking shocked.

"...I can explain that." Atsuki spoke up. "I... Knew Waffle Ecknalgio before we got here."

"What is it, Atsuki?" I asked.

Atsuki sighed. "When Waffle and his sister, who was also called Waffle Ecknalgio, were first born, their kingdom was under attack. Because of this, they were in extreme danger and could have possibly been killed. So, for protection, their parents gave them advanced technology skin suits to fit their skin, adjusting to make them fit whoever put it on. This skin was the skin we first saw Waffle with, which is why it was a bit weird looking. Oddly, the skin suit had a design of a, well, waffle. Because they were born in danger, they were not named, so because of their skin, they were simply named Waffle. As far as I know, the skin did work to disguise them from their attackers, so they did not die, but they were extremely uncomfortable with it, and the Ultimate Princess, the female Waffle, was forced to hide this, and only told people she could really trust. So, that is it. It was the fake skin that the royal children had to suffer through. Their real skin, however, is exactly how we see the body. They are just normal humans, possessing blonde hair and blue eyes."

"That sad, sad family..." Eri said.

"I don't really care for that dumbass, pointless secret!" Bahira yelled. "Shouldn't we be voting and executing Ren now?"

"Bahira is right... Ren should be executed, because he is the killer, right?" Kisho said.

Ren... Are you really the killer? This seems too obvious even too... If Ren is the killer...

"That is right..." Ren laughed. "I am the killer.."

"No, that's wrong!" I yelled.

"What is it now?" Cassius asked.

"Ren... Isn't the killer." I said.

"No, that's wrong!" Ren said. Hey, don't steal my lines... "I am the killer, Malachi."

"You are? I think that's just to cover." I said.

"Cover what?" He asked.

"I'd say for the killer... But that isn't the case." I said. "You had a note that told you to cover up this case... You were blackmailed to forge evidence so we would fail this trial, or else the one who hand wrote the letter would kill you."

"That's not true... No..." Ren started.

"But it is. In fact, I was wrong about something earlier. The killer didn't fry Waffle's handbook, scratch his key or the notes... It was you... And they didn't even know you were involved, because you did it all after the murder! The only thing the killer knew was Waffle's secret... Which he told her so he could finally tell someone before his death, which he accepted... Isn't that right, Ren?" I asked.

"I... I..." Ren started.

"I'll cut through those words!" Setsuko suddenly yelled.

"What? Setsuko?" I asked.

"I... Do agree that Ren forged the evidence, yes... But..." Setsuko trailed off.

"But what, Setsuko?" I asked.

"R-Ren is definitely the murderer!" Setsuko yelled out.

"You believe that?" I asked. "Because I can prove it wrong."

"No, don't..." Setsuko started.

"The blackmailer sent another note to someone... Asking them to kill Waffle! They said that if they did it... They... Could see their sister again..." I started.

"Please..." Ren said. "I'm the killer, Malachi!"

"Please... Malachi... It's Ren..." Setsuko said.

"...I see now... There were only two people who had that as their video, their sister dying..." I started to say.

"W-Wait, Y-You don't mean-!" Masa suddenly yelled up.

"Those two people... Were Waffle... And Setsuko..." I said.

"No!" Ren yelled.

"Malachi..." Setsuko started.

"W-Wait, but-" Masa started.

Kisho cut him off. "Let Malachi speak, Masa."

Masa went silent, and looked down.

"Setsuko... You were the killer... Weren't you?" I asked.

"No, this is all wrong!" Ren yelled. "I'm the killer, Malachi, I tell you, it was me!"

"And why do you insist that, Ren?" I slammed my hands down on the podium. "With this, if you get executed, all of us will die! You'll die either way, Ren!" I yelled.

"Because I speak the truth!" Ren said.

"You say that, Ren... But you don't fit the requirements of the blackmail letter for murder, which described that they would be able to see their sister again if they killed, but your video didn't have your sister, did it?" I asked.

"It does not matter, for I still killed Waffle!" Ren yelled again.

"Enough!" Setsuko yelled. "This should not continue further. I confess, I killed Waffle."

Ren slammed his fist down on his podium "Dammit!" He yelled.

"Just to see your sister, Setsuko?" Eri asked.

"No... " Setsuko said. "I'll say the whole story... When I met Waffle in the restaurant... I told him about the note, and how I needed to kill him to have it happen... And how I wanted to see my little sapling, or my sister, rather, named Rieko Okamoto... But I didn't want to kill anyone. But... Waffle wanted me to kill him. He told me to get out, and see if Rieko was safe... Along with his sister... And anyone else who died in the videos. That's why... With Waffle's approval... I killed him to make sure our loved ones were safe... I'm sorry..." Setsuko started to cry softly.

"Setsuko..." Amaya started.

Monokuma spoke up. "Alright everyone! It is time to vote on who you believe is the blackened! You all have a screen infront of you to make your choice, so go ahead and vote!" Monokuma laughed.

After everyone voted, our screen showed a gambling machine titled "Monokuma Vote." The wheels inside it spun until all three landed on Setsuko. The machine shook as guilty flashed on the bottom of the machine and money came out of it. We were correct. The screen turned off and went away.

"Aw, man! Looks like you guys got it right! Setsuko Okamoto, the Ultimate Forester, killed Waffle Ecknalgio, the Ultimate Prince!" Monokuma laughed again.

"It's over..." Ren said.

"Setsuko..." I said. "I forgive you."

"We all do." Atsuki said.

"It's time for the execution!" Monokuma yelled and laughed.

"Thank you, everyone..." Setsuko said.

"Let's give it everything we've got!" Monokuma yelled, laughing more.

Setsuko held her hand to her chest, and smiled, still crying softly. "Perhaps I can see my little sapling in the afterlife..."

"It's punishment time!" Monokuma yelled, then pulled out a mallet, did a flip, and hit a big red button next to his chair.