Chapter 6: The Hell I Created- Class Trial- Part 2 (Malachi)

Layne walked into our circle next to Atsuki, where Setsuko used to be, and Kanye came in where Waffle used to be.

"So, we should finish this trial first, yeah?" Kanye asked. "Let's find the mastermind!"

"You two are members of Future Foundation, huh...?" I asked.

"Yeah. Sorry it took so long to get here." Layne said.

"Ultimate Hope..." Nao said.

"That's me! Well, unofficially. My friend Shadow gave it to me at the end of Angel Kiyo's very own killing game." Kanye said.

"So... You were a survivor of that game?" I asked.

"Yeah. One of three." Kanye said.

"Do you remember when I talked about Prince Waffle's fake identity, Malachi? I knew because his sister, Princess Waffle, survived that game as well." Atsuki explained.

"Ah... That makes sense, then. At first I was confused about the name, but I get it now." I said.

"Wait, but didn't Waffle say his sister died in his motive video?" Zoey asked.

"I think Monokuma forged those videos, and not everyone's family died." Atsuki said.

"But... Nate really is dead, isn't he...?" I asked.

"Oh, right..." Kanye said. "Malachi, you're Nate Konda's cousin, aren't you? Nate died in Angel's game... He was the first to murder, but it was to protect you and the others there... He's one of the people who gave me hope to find the mastermind."

"I see..." I said, and sighed.

"But Layne, where's Azura at? He's alright, right?" Atsuki asked.

"Ah... He's on a solo mission, but I'm sure he's fine." Layne responded.

"Hey! Enough blabber already! Get on to the trial again before I'm bored!" Monokuma yelled.

"Oh... I forgot he was here." Kanye said.

"But he's right. So let's continue." Ren said. "What can we use to find the mastermind?"

"Maybe we can connect someone to Angel or Ultimate Despair directly? I mean, the mayor's desk in the city hall did have a picture of Angel on it..." I said.

"...Oh! I might have an idea..." Nao said.

"What is it, Nao?" Zoey asked.

"Well, the emails we saw in the city hall were very casual between the mastermind and the Ultimate Despair... Even lovey at some points." Nao said. "So what if we assumed the Ultimate Despair that was responding was Angel... and Angel and this mastermind were lovers?"

"Lovers?" Ren asked. "I mean, I suppose that the lover would follow the other. So it makes sense..."

"...I think I might just know who the mastermind was, too." I responded. "Do you guys remember what Cassius said while he was dying? He was talking about his beloved... Which he specifically referred to as "his Angel" right before dying... So I think Cassius was Angel's lover... And the one who masterminded this game. Cassius obviously knew Angel as well, because there was a picture of just them, alone, in the photobook we found in the desk of the city hall." I explained.

"So... Cassius was the mastermind?" Zoey asked.

"I thought that at first too, when he said "his Angel..." It just came to mind." Atsuki said.

"Gosh... He even realized how his actions were wrong right before death, and how Angel wouldn't have wanted him to follow her tracks... Why did it have to be like that?" Nao said.