Chapter 2: Do You Have Any Hope, Brother?- Day 2 (Emma)

We had spent the night in the theater, but we still woke up to Monokuma's announcement. Me, Yudai and Bahira, being the only girls to be part of the play, slept together in the girl's dressing room, while all the guys, including Ren and Spencer, slept in the boy's dressing room.

The night before, we didn't do much with the script, but it seems Ren and Spencer got all of the costumes done. We did, however, get stuff done for scenery and effect, like, props and stuff too. We also found out our roles and the main plot of the story. Of course, Ren and Spencer are just the crew behind the stage to work everything.

It turns out that the plot is kinda medieval times, and had a story about a queen getting captured by a bad guy and the heroes and to go and rescue her, like a video game!

The heroes consisted of Kisho, Masa, and I, but it seemed however that Masa was the lead role, and I was secondary, and that Kisho was just like the third-wheel hero or something nobody really needed, and just tagged along. Furthermore, Yudai was a jester for the king and queen, which basically fits her perfectly.

The bad guy role was given to Nao, which doesn't really line up with his personality. Lastly, that left Malachi and Bahira to be the king and queen respectively.

Each of us had different reactions to finding out our roles.

It started with Yudai, who smirked and said, "Jester? That will be easy."

Nao looked shocked after seeing his. He said, "I'm... The villain...?" He almost looked like he was tearing up over that.

"Yay! I'm a hero with Masa and Kisho!" I yelled, giggling.

"B-But why do I have a bigger role than K-Kisho?" Masa asked.

"It'd be too easy for someone like the Ultimate Actor to be the lead role!" Kisho said, smiling. "So Monokuma probably decided to give it to you rather than me."

"R-Really? O-Okay then... I-I'll try my best..." Masa said.

Malachi and Bahira saw their roles last. "I'm... the king?" Malachi said, looking worried. "And with Bahira as the queen as well..." He sighed. "She must not like that."

Bahira didn't say anything at first, just looked away, but I could see her blushing. I giggled over her embarrassment.

Bahira looked up after I did. "Wh-Why laugh?" She shook her head and smirked, getting rid of her blush... almost. "O-Of course, I-I don't have a problem with Malachi as my king!"

"Huh? You don't? I thought you hated me." Malachi asked.

Bahira looked away again. "D-Don't think I've suddenly taken a liking to you, fool! I-It's just for a stupid play Monokuma is making us do! I-It doesn't mean anything!"

Malachi sighed. "Yeah, I guess your right."

Bahira tilted her head out again. "W-Wait, I don't kiss Malachi in there, do I?"

"U-Umm..." Masa started looking through the script. "A-Actually... Yes... Only at the end though, wh-when Bahira is s-saved..."

Bahira blushed and looked away again. "Agh! I-I am not kissing Malachi!"

Monokuma appeared just to say, "You are or you're going to get punished for not following the script!" before leaving again.