Chapter 2: Do You Have Any Hope, Brother?- Day 3 (Malachi)

We woke up again today to Monokuma's regular daily morning announcement. We all got up and got ready for the final scene. Ren was the first to get ready, then Spencer, then Nao, then Masa, then me. Kisho came out last.

I didn't see any of the girls come out, but I assume they took their spots. It looked like Bahira was already up at the catwalk, for her to get lowered down in a cage to save her. Emma was with us, and Yudai was just chilling out backstage because she finished her parts yesterday.

Once people showed up to watch, we set the scene and the curtains were drawn back.

The scene started with Masa, "Kisho, we're almost there. Could you go back to the kingdom and get the king? He should see the queen firsthand, and by the time we're done with Nao, you should be back."

"Yeah, alright..." Kisho said, and left the stage.

"We're... Almost there." Masa said again.

"Yeah... Let's end this!" Emma said, then then ran off the stage. The lights went off, then they came back on the other side of the stage.

Nao spoke from the top of a small tower, his back turned to them. "You... Actually made it here? Then Yudai failed... I'll... Kill her later then." He turned around and faced them. "But you two have to be first." He then jumped down from the tower and it was pulled away, then pulled out a sword.

"You won't be able to defeat us!" Masa said, then pulled his sword.

"Yeah!" Emma yelled, and raised her staff.

What followed that was a fight of Emma and Masa versus Nao. Nao, being the villian, lost with his sword being hit away, but then he ran off like Yudai had done.

Just then, with Masa and Emma walking over into the tower, the scene shifted to inside pf it, then Kisho entered again with me, the king. When I entered, I saw that the audience had everyone not in the play, except for Cassius. I had a line, "So, you heroes have done it? You saved my queen?" I asked.

Masa nodded. "Yes. She's up at the top of the tower tied up how villianous Nao put her."

"Bring her down then! I need to see her again!" I said, moving to what the audience would see as the right side of the stage. Masa and Emma went to the left side with Kisho.

Kisho spoke up, "I'll use the crank to lower her down!" Then he started moving the fake crank, which meant Spencer was moving the real crank to bring her down to center stage.

She was going to be tied up around her waist with her arms tied there too like she was supposed to as she started lowering down, then land gently so she could be untied and we could kiss... Like she did last night when she confessed to me.

There was a spotlight Spencer must have turned down to where she was going to be.

It was bright. For some reason, it looked like there was glitter covering her dress, to make her shine brighter, I guess. Her legs kept lowering down...

...But... That's when it happened.

As she was lowering more...

...A single drop of blood fell to the ground beneath her.

I froze as I saw it hit the ground... But in my peripheral vision, I saw her body still lowering, then stopped. Everyone was silent, and I stood frozen looking at the drop of blood.

I felt myself shaking, as my eyes shakily started looking up...

And I saw Bahira...

A knife stuck in her chest.

And she wasn't hanging from her waist either like she was supposed to.